Baker & McKenzie Limited Attorneys at Law
Duangkamon Amkaew joined Baker McKenzie in 2002 and was named a partner in 2013. She is active in the Corporate & Commercial, Mergers & Acquisitions, Real Estate, and Hotel/Resort & Property Development practice groups. She provides legal advice to a wide variety of multinational clients in a broad range of commercial transactions involving mergers and acquisitions; real estate, hotel, resort, and property development; property fund; real estate investment trusts (REITs); strategic alliances and various types of joint venture arrangements. She was also instrumental in the establishment of Thailand's first REIT and continues to lead the market for advice in this area.
Ms. Amkaew has been involved in numerous merger and acquisition transactions including leading legal teams in the preparation and negotiation of relevant agreements, as well as coordinating and conducting due diligence investigations in relation to corporate law, commercial contracts, and land and property, as well as corporate structuring/restructuring advice.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised the trustee on the establishment of a REIT in connection with the exhibition center, warehouses and office buildings in Thailand, the country's first successfully publicly listed REIT.
- Advising property developers and owners with respect to the shareholder structuring, business operations and establishment of the REIT manager company in Thailand, including advising on the application for a REIT manager license.
- Representing asset management companies with respect to the establishment of property funds and providing legal advice with respect to the property funds.
- Acting for a luxury property developer, with respect to the development of a landmark mixed-use project in Bangkok which will comprise a prestigious retail center, a seven-star hotel, and luxury residential units.
- Representing and advising multinational companies on foreign investment in Thailand, including advice on the Foreign Business Act, Board of Investment promotion, incentives provided via the Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand, and registration and licensing requirements.
- Advising on shareholding structures for multinational organizations and corporate restructurings of various types of businesses, including food and beverage, insurance and manufacturing companies, as well as professional service firms.
- Advising on a broad range of commercial contracts and regulatory issues, including sale and purchase, supply, distribution, management, lease agreements, and agency contracts.
- Drafting, commenting on, and negotiating commercial agreements, share purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements, lease agreements, and service agreements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Thai Bar Association (2004)
- Law Society of Thailand (2003)
- Thailand (2002)
- The London School of Economics and Political Science (LL.M.) (2007)
- Thammasat University (LL.B. 2nd class honors) (2001)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.