Luis Amado is a partner in the Antitrust & Competition Practice Group of the Firm's Mexico City office. He has more than 10 years of experience in his field and has conducted several antitrust and competition seminars for the telecommunications, automotive, electronics, medical, mining, metal, home appliance and white goods industries.
Luis was part of the Firm’s EU Competition & Trade Practice Group in London, where he advised on antitrust matters. He was appointed Latin America's representative in the Firm committee responsible for abuse of dominance matters. He has also been a guest professor at Universidad Iberoamericana and IPADE, giving lectures on antitrust and competition.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing clients in the telecommunications industry in developing their business strategies and legal actions, taking into account the Mexican standards on antitrust matters.
- Assisting clients — particularly those in the cathode ray tubes, liquid crystal devices, hermetic compressors and home appliances industries — in current antitrust investigation procedures conducted by the Mexican Antitrust Authority.
- Assisting telecommunications, automotive, software, toy, electronics, and medical and healthcare industry companies in compliance and anti-corruption matters.
- Representing automotive, electrical, mining, contract logistics, electronics, home appliance, real estate, investment funds and flexible packaging industry companies in matters concerning notices of concentration, among others.
- Mexico (2004)
- Anahuac University (Master Corporate Law) (2011)
- Georgetown University (Legal English Course) (2010)
- Anahuac University (Antitrust Diploma) (2010)
- University Anáhuac del Sur (J.D.) (2004)
Co-author, Global Leniency Manual, Oxford University Press, 2011 and 2010
Co-author, "Competition Law in Latin America: Treatment of Typical Vertical Restraints in Dealer Agreements," Law in Context, 2008, 2009 and 2011
Speaker, "The New Framework of Competition and Telecom Laws: Relevance for Making Business Decisions," Continuing Education Seminar, IPADE Business School, January 2015
Speaker, "Treatment of Typical Vertical Restraints in Dealer Agreements," Baker McKenzie Antitrust Seminar, Miami, May 2011