Mo Alturk has a broad-based business-transactional practice focusing on complex corporate and commercial contract matters, with strong emphasis on global transactions involving public and private companies. His experience extends to cross-border joint venture transactions, international franchising, licensing and distribution transactions, international mergers and acquisitions, international regulatory compliance, and international corporate formation and maintenance. He graduated summa cum laude from Southern Methodist University and from Boston University School of Law.
Mo routinely advises and counsels clients in various industries with respect to the myriad challenges and opportunities presented by expanding, acquiring, selling, financing, franchising and licensing brands and businesses on an international level.
Representative Legal Matters
Represents several leading casual dining, fast casual and quick service restaurants in their international franchise, joint venture and other international matters on a global level.
Assists major hotel brands expanding internationally via franchising in connection with negotiating and documenting franchise transactions, conducting local due diligence and regulatory compliance.
Assisted multiple major restaurant brands in conducting brand protection initiatives, including market testing events and pop-up stores.
Advised multiple popular domestic retail store concepts with expanding internationally by licensing and franchising.
Assisted various clients with respect to default, work-out, termination and de-identification of international franchisees and related dispute resolution proceedings in multiple jurisdictions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers - Member
- Dallas Hispanic Bar Association - Member
- Texas~United States (2009)
- Boston University School of Law (J.D.) (2009)
- Southern Methodist University (B.A. Psychology) (2006)
- Southern Methodist University (B.B.A. Marketing) (2006)
- Co-author, "The Next Frontier: Franchising in the Metaverse," Baker McKenzie Insight, 5 April 2023
- Author, "Como Se Dice Loyalty Points?: Legal Issues to Consider in Expanding a US Customer Loyalty Program Abroad," American Bar Association Young Lawyers Division International Law Committee Newsletter, Spring 2018
- Co-author, “Franchising in Latin America and the Caribbean,” American Bar Association 38th Annual Forum on Franchising, 2 November 2016
- Co-author, “With One Foot Out the Door – The Commercial and Intellectual Property Implications of Brexit,” The ACC Dallas – Fort Worth Chapter Newsletter, Summer 2016
- Co-author, “Extracontractual Formalities of International Agreements,” The Franchise Lawyer, Fall 2015
- Moderator, “Implementing Gift Cards and Loyalty Programs Internationally,” American Bar Association Live Webinar, 7 June 2018