Anne-Marie Allgrove is the National Managing Partner of Baker McKenzie's Australian offices. She was the global chair of the Firm’s IP, Data and Technology Practice from 2020-2023. Anne-Marie is recognised in both Chambers and The Legal 500 as a leading individual and was named a Best Lawyer of the Year for Privacy and Data Security in 2020.
Anne-Marie has a broad commercial practice with particular focus on issues in the technology, payments, and healthcare industries. She is experienced in privacy related issues advising on data protection, privacy, data security, cybersecurity and information management across all industries and is one of the leading lawyers in relation to privacy in Australia. Anne-Marie's clients include a range of technology companies, payments organisations, pharmaceutical and health care companies, consumer and retail businesses and luxury brands.
Anne-Marie has extensive experience advising on complex transformational technology and sourcing arrangements and sponsorship, marketing and promotional arrangements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising major technology and communications companies on large technology services agreements including business process outsourcing agreements, digital transformation deals, co-sourcing agreements and other complex services arrangements.
- Advising a multinational payment system organisation on its card processing services, value added offerings and agreements as well as its procurement, sponsorship and alliance arrangements throughout the Asia Pacific Region and its agreements with many high-profile individuals.
- Advising on complex data management and information handling projects to ensure compliance with applicable global privacy laws as well as assisting with data incidents including managing and advising on breach notification obligations and rectification and remediation steps.
- Ranked Band 2 TMT: Information Technology - Australia, Chambers Asia-Pacific 2023
- Leading Individual for Data protection 2021-2023, Legal 500
- Hall of Fame for IT & Telecoms 2021-2023, Legal 500
- Privacy and Data Security 2016 – 2024, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Outsourcing Law 2016 – 2024, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Information Technology Law 2016 – 2024, The Best Lawyers in Australia
- Commercial Law 2016 – 2024, The Best Lawyers in Australia
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian Corporate Lawyers Association - Member
- Women Lawyers Association of New South Wales - Member
- Australian Institute of Company Directors - Member
- England & Wales (1997)
- New South Wales~Australia (1992)
- Australian Capital Territory~Australia (1992)
- New York University (LL.M. Trade Regulation) (1998)
- Australian National University (LL.B., Hons) (1992)
- Australian National University (B.A.) (1990)