Anne-Marie Allgrove is a partner in the Sydney office of Baker McKenzie. She is also the Global Chair of the Firm’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications Industry Group and Practice Group and is recognised in both Chambers and The Legal 500 as a leading individual.
Anne-Marie has a broad commercial practice with particular focus on issues in the technology, media and healthcare industries. She also advises on privacy related issues across all industries and is one of the leading lawyers in relation to privacy in Australia. Anne-Marie's clients include a range of technology companies, pharmaceutical and health care organizations.
Anne-Marie has extensive experience advising on technology and sourcing arrangements, online strategy and compliance requirements (including contractual requirements and compliance with privacy and content regulations), information management and sponsorship, marketing and promotional arrangements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising major technology and communications companies on outsourcing agreements, such as IT and transformational outsourcing agreements, co-sourcing agreements and other services arrangements including call centre agreements as well as information technology consultancy, software licence, application service provision agreements, maintenance and distribution agreements.
- Advising a multinational payment system organisation on its card processing services, offerings and agreements as well as its procurement, sponsorship and alliance arrangements throughout the Asia Pacific Region and its agreements with many high-profile individuals.
- Advising online publishing companies on global online strategy, compliance strategy, protection of intellectual property and privacy management issues.
- Advising on the privacy and content issues in relation to the rollout of various websites and web-based services globally and mechanisms to manage the risks and compliance requirements.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Australian Corporate Lawyers Association - Member
- NSW Council of the French-Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry - Board Member
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Women Lawyers Association of New South Wales - Member
- England & Wales (1997)
- New South Wales~Australia (1992)
- Australian Capital Territory~Australia (1992)
- New York University (LL.M. Trade Regulation) (1998)
- Australian National University (LL.B. Hons) (1992)
- Australian National University (B.A.) (1990)