Gerardo has advised Mexican and foreign clients of Baker McKenzie in duly complying with necessary Mexican regulations in order to incorporate and operate a business in Mexican soil.
Additionally, Gerardo has provided legal assistance on matters related with mergers, acquisitions (representing either buyers or sellers), corporate reorganizations, due diligence procedures, and dissolution and liquidations of corporate entities.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Dutch company involved in the chemical industry in the sale of one of its product lines.
- Provided legal assistance to Japanese company focused on the steel industry on the whole process of incorporating its Mexican entity and in negotiating a joint venture agreement with the Mexican party who eventually became its partner.
- Was part of a group of attorneys who advised an American company of the retail industry in the sale/exit process of its operations in the Mexican market.
- Advised diverse companies in the incorporation of their Mexican entities and in the altogether process of complying with Mexican obligations under the laws of the country.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Institute of Public Accountants of Nuevo León, A.C. - Member
- Mexico~Mexico (2017)
- Facultad Libre de Derecho de Monterrey (Masters Business Law) (2020)
- Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (LL.M.) (2017)
- Facultad Libre de Derecho de Monterrey (LL.B.) (2017)
- Speaker, “Foreign Investment in Mexico: Differences between Common and Civil Law," Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio, USA, 29 March 2017