Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
This position contributes to Firm’s success by ensuring an efficient banking structure to support its global operations through overseeing operational and strategic projects. The Analyst will support all aspects of Treasury Operations activities. This includes assisting with the development of cash management banking solutions for all business segments of the company and supporting the cash forecasting process.
- On a daily basis complete central cash activities including wires, ACH's, perform bank account reconciliations, manage account sweeps for U.S., international funding requirements.
- Document and maintain daily transactional support for all central cash activity in a timely manner for Accounting teams to process.
- Perform daily borrowing activities, investment positions, foreign exchange transfers.
- Maintain Treasury manual and ensure all processes are fully documented and updated as needed.
- Monitor investment activities to ensure compliance with investment policy and prepare monthly investment reports.
- Work with various bank relationship managers to ensure current processes are in line with industry standards.
- Research and resolve treasury related issues and assist and provide guidance to regional offices when required.
- Open/close US and international bank accounts as needed in a timely and authorized manner in line with the Firm banking strategy.
- Maintain bank account documentation (KYC) and ensure authorized signers are current and valid.
- Utilize various cash forecasting methodology in order to analyze Firm forecasting trends.
- Preparing and Consolidating daily/weekly Firm reporting of bank balances, borrowings, investments and cash forecasting.
- Take an active role in researching and recommending global treasury process efficiencies and improvements of industry cash management practices.
- Provide assistance on special projects in relation to the treasury function.
Minimal - an occasional trip to Chicago may be required.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.
- A Bachelor of Science degree is required in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 3-4 years treasury experience with a strong preference for 1-2 years Accounting experience.
- Self motivated, flexible, hands-on and able to work in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented with a demonstrated ability for accuracy.
- Have a willingness to learn new skills and responsibilities.
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Take ownership of responsibilities and work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Advanced skills in Excel and intermediate skills in all other Microsoft Office Suite applications.