The Manager, New Business Intake (NBI) will effectively manage the New Business Intake (NBI) team and operations; provide an efficient and effective service to In-Market personnel, including Firm Partners and offices when opening new and existing client registrations and matters; provide guidance to Partners to ensure compliance with ethical and legal duties to avoid conflicts of interest and in meeting professional responsibility obligations.
To manage a number of NBI staff all based in the Tampa Center; ensure all team members perform to the highest level and adhere to Firm and NBI policies and procedures.
- Performance Management responsibilities are an important aspect of the role; hold regular one to one meetings with team members and be responsible for performance planning and management; work with peers and the Associate Director to ensure objectives, benchmarks and performance expectations are aligned across the department and are consistently applied
- Responsible for the training and development of their team
- Support Coordinators and Analysts in their roles and drive departmental performance and success through technical and critical skills training; identify training needs and work with Analysts to ensure they have the training and support required to perform competently in their roles
- Responsible for personnel and administrative matters, including but not limited to resourcing, overtime, attendance and staff training; coordinate assignments, compile and develop operational reporting and other administrative duties
- Collaborate with Management and their counterparts across other Centers to deliver team projects and initiatives that are aligned with and contribute towards departmental objectives
- Bachelor's Degree
- Some experience of working in a professional services environment with a focus on client onboarding, conflict analysis, compliance, Risk or AML/KYC;
- Some management experience
- Expertise in performing detailed analysis in a financial or law-related institution
- Knowledge of U.S. Anti-Terrorist Financing/AML/KYC and OFAC experience preferable
- Exceptional problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well under pressure, prioritize workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and proactive approach