Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Billing Manager will lead all aspects of billing activities supported by the Tampa Center; interface with other Quote-to-Cash (Q2C) leaders to ensure that agreed service levels are met; develop and maintain positive working relations with Attorneys, Professional & Business Services (PBS) and client personnel; suggest process improvements and provide reports to the senior leadership.
- Manage the day-to-day production and delivery of the Firm's invoicing to clients
- Manage billing teams providing direct support to In-Market personnel and client teams
- Ensure compliance to established processes and escalate deviations for resolution
- Escalate issues to the appropriate personnel as needed and proactively monitor all Key Performance Indicators and Service Level Agreements related to the billing processes
- Interface with Firm stakeholders to resolve specific issues, enhance operations or implement new standards and processes
- Identify opportunities to enhance and improve processes in coordination with Q2C leadership
- Manage recruiting, onboarding and ongoing training for team members
- Lead the team by being a role model, identify opportunities allowing for employee growth and assist the team in achieving all goals
- Drive performance excellence with effective communication, performance management and employee recognition
Skills and Experince:
- Bachelors degree in business administration, commerce, finance, liberal arts, or related courses
- Good experience in a billing role
- General understanding of accounting or finance principles as well as the specific law firm or professional service accounting structure, environment and requirements
- Keen attention to details and effective organizational skills
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Confident to escalate and ask questions, especially when being asked to deviate from standard processes
- Knowledge and experience of financial systems (SAP preferred) but not required
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands, including learning new skills when required
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction, follow up on own initiative
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.