The Senior Project Manager will lead all aspects of technology project management for our most complex enterprise technology projects that involve cross functional teams, systems, vendors, and stakeholders. Baker McKenzie is modernizing its technology services to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of how it delivers services to both internal and external clients. The Technology Transformation Office is tasked with ensuring that each technology initiative supporting the firm and its various programs are well designed and implemented on time and on budget. The IT Transformation Team will provide best-practice execution of large-scale IT projects necessary for the successful realization of Baker McKenzie's digital transformation.
- Responsible for all project management related activities for global, multi-dimensional projects, including pre-defined solutions, continuing to shape them and partner with various stakeholders to pilot and implement these initiatives against program timelines.
- Create and manage project deliverables and prevailing decisions, including: charters, scope definition, project plans with milestones and deliverables, financials, resource plans, and project reports and dashboards.
- Ensure all project deliverables and defined business requirements are met or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Elevate and motivate the performance of the project team, ensuring scope is met, adhere to the schedule, tasks are completed, and escalations are managed.
- Identify and allocate resources, both people and material, as necessary for successful implementation.
- The candidate must possess the ability to build relationships and professionally communicate all aspects of a project to Partners, Executive Leadership and Professional and Business Service Teams.
- Ensure proper ITIL governance is followed to meet project objectives, and mitigate risks and issues.
- Focus and research on the latest industry standards, tools, and techniques that will improve our overall project delivery.
- Have confidence and experience in a deadline driven environment.
- Focus on value-based outcomes both quantitatively and qualitatively.
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus on Information Technology or Business, A minimum of 7 years in Project Management.
- Excellent collaboration skills and comfortable with an agile development process and SCRUM methodologies that includes accepting and managing feedback from various stakeholders.
- A wide range of technology projects could be included in the project portfolio; experience of managing a diverse portfolio with the ability to understand and articulate the technology is necessary.
- Leadership experience on projects regarding managing business sponsorship, budget, customer expectations, assessment of risk, escalation of issues, and project plans through execution.
- Strong analytical, decision making, and prioritization skills.
- Excellent communication skills with both team members and internal business constituents and comfortable mediating between stakeholder needs, business objectives, and technical feasibility.
- Continued drive for excellence and high quality, despite frequent iterations, changes in priority, scope and stakeholders.
- Ability to network and collaborate with teams both regional and global, while acknowledging their cultural, social and academic diversity.
- PMP or PRINCE certification is preferred.
- Expertise in the PMI Lifecycle.
- Strong experience with Project Server, Microsoft Project, Visio, MS Office applications, project management processes, tools, and applications.
- Experience in project management within a consultancy firm, professional services, legal, or IT industry.
- Experience in a legal environment is highly desirable.