Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional and Business Services organization, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are building a team to provide world-class innovative, creative and efficient business services to our Firm and clients. As an innovative hub connected with the Firm's offices globally, Baker McKenzie's Tampa Center will provide all aspects of business support for the Firm and its global clients in the areas of Alternative Legal Services, Finance, Technology, Knowledge, Operations, Business Development, Marketing and Communications, and People.
Our clients are facing more competition and challenges, which demands faster, commercially sound responses, more competitive prices, better quality, continuous innovation and higher levels of legal and business knowledge. The Tampa Center will help us continue to deliver precisely that, by centralizing many of our services in an appealing market.
The Senior Business Development Coordinator will support Global Banking & Finance and Private Equity Practice Groups.
- Support development and deployment of thought leadership content and other profile-raising activities
- Support creation of global practice group awards and directory submissions and create relevant materials to support regional and office submissions
- Support development of client and market facing knowledge based marketing tools and materials - handbooks, Apps and tools, market know how, technical updates, training programs and seminars etc. Support and in some cases, lead, the planning of attendance at key industry events and execution of client roadshows.
- Collaborate with the Global Client and Industry BD team to enable client teams to gain more insight on go-to-market propositions offered by the PG
- Support the BD team in the development of Shared Service offerings to clients, in conjunction with other practice groups
- Support the preparation of responses to client's request for proposals or information on the PG and in preparing lawyers for business development meetings with clients and prospects
- Ensure the PG's suite of marketing materials, including capabilities statements, pitch templates, deals lists, website content (internal and external) and press releases are up to date
- Contribute to internal communications globally for the PGs, to assist in building a cohesive and well informed practice Research
- Actively develop and maintain an understanding of the PG's market Global coordination
- Create effective working relationships with a community of global, regional and office BD team with a view to sharing best practice and coordinating the roll out of initiatives globally
- Proactively look for opportunities to share best practice and improve processes
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Marketing or related degree
- Minimum five years’ experience working in a legal or related professional services environment
- Proficient in various MS office applications including but not limited to Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple stakeholders and expectations
- Logistics coordination/management experience is a plus
- Strong verbal and written English
- Strong analytical skills and experience
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to prioritize and work independently with limited supervision
- Strong, enthusiastic team player
- Experience working in an international organization is a plus
- Prior experience working in a virtual team setting preferred but not required
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.