The HR Specialist is responsible for a wide range of activities within the HR function to include, onboarding, performance management, employee records and documentation, compliance and employee relations.
The HR Specialist position ideally will be located in the Palo Alto office, but the candidate must have flexibility to work in the SF office regularly and the LA office occasionally. This is a full time position, and supports three California offices with over 200 people. The HR Specialist will report to the CA HR Manager.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Facilitate the new hire orientation program for attorneys and staff
- Assist in the resolution of employee relations matters, conflict resolution and problem solving
- Assist with annual performance review system, including monitoring and ensuring completion
- Assist HR Manager with planning and performance of business professionals.
- Conduct exit interviews; analyze data, and report trends and recommendations as well as assist with termination proceedings
- Coordinate attorney mobility requirements with immigration, tax, and global team
- Coordinate and process materials related to HR programs/policies including status changes, personal data changes, leaves of absence, and time entry, and verification of employment requests
- Ensure compliance with all local and federal labor laws and with firm policies and procedures
- Remain current on federal and state employment law changes to ensure compliance; respond to EEOC, ADA, workers' compensation and unemployment benefits claims.
- Knowledge of federal, California state and local employment laws and HR disciplines.
- Well-developed and sophisticated organization, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within the organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong project management skills, and ability to work on multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality.
- Strong technology skills, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- SHRM-CP certification preferred
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories (arrest and conviction records), in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.