Management and ownership of the Client Intake / Risk Management application products that will support the daily operations of the business units, focusing on maximizing the value of the portfolio, and achieving the right balance and mix of products. The Firm's Technology function is responsible for designing, developing and maintaining the firm's global technology infrastructure, including architecture, hardware, software, computer networking, communications and data management. The function works closely with lawyers, clients and PBS functions to ensure our technology offering is best-in-class and forward-thinking, allowing the Firm to provide its clients with cutting-edge, innovative legal and business advice via up-to-date technology products and solutions. The Solutions Team is responsible for the management and delivery of optimized software applications that meet the needs of the Business.
- Management of all direct reports including performance management (i.e. annual performance reviews), task assignment / prioritization, leave time approval, and coordination of all follow-the-sun and on-call support activities when required.
- Management of the product portfolio to ensure standardization and rationalization plans are developed and delivered and the products meet the changing needs of the business through the lifecycle of the product
- Work and manage relationships with technology vendors within the product portfolio.
- Understand the total cost of ownership (TCO) of all owned products and provide input to the Portfolio Manager on required budgets.
- Coordinates and/or provides top level support for products in the portfolio.
- Translation of business objectives for the technical design / architecture of the required solutions.
- Implementation and on-going maintenance of effective system governance, compliance, and business continuity procedures for managed products in accordance with ISMS Policies
- Technical leadership / coordination of all activities as they relate to projects / operational activities, including the clear and concise reporting of status on a regular basis.
- In alignment with Firm priorities, participates in projects for enhancements and changes necessary to meet changing business requirements for their managed products.
- Collaborate with the testing team to coordinate and perform application testing and troubleshooting, including participation in pilot implementations.
- Consult with the Change Management Team re new application requests in regard to major projects.
- Collaborate with the Release Management Team to ensure that any changes to applications transition to production successfully.
- Ensure timely planning for any submission of RFC's to the Technical Change Team via the ITSM process.
- Collaborate with the Security team to certify the solutions/products meet our security requirements
- Develop software product support plans and ensure relevant training is provided to Service Desk and On-site Teams.
- Collaborate with the Training team to develop user documentation as required
- Bachelor degree in business information systems or equivalent
- Three years of hands-on working experience in the professional environment.
- Two years leading successful product implementations and ongoing enhancements.
- Experience working in a legal services environment preferred, but not mandatory.
- Strong understanding of the relevant portfolio requirements and good level of knowledge of some of the products within the portfolio
- Strong awareness of and interest in technology trends relevant for the relevant portfolio.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication abilities, with a track record of building trust and respect at all levels of an organisation.
- Fluent written and spoken English.