At Baker & McKenzie LLP, we are different in the way we think, work and behave -- like no other firm and few other businesses. With more than 4,100 locally admitted lawyers and more than 5,800 business service professionals in 78 offices worldwide, we have a passionately collaborative community of 60 nationalities and are committed to world-class career development to everyone in every job at every level in our firm. Baker McKenzie can offer you both the uncompromising commitment to excellence expected of a top firm and a distinctive way of thinking, working and behaving - as a passionately global and genuinely collaborative firm. Baker & McKenzie is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Chicago office of Baker McKenzie seeks an experience Business Development Manager to work with our Litigation and Government Enforcement Practice Group. Working closely with the partners, the role is an integral part of the Practice Group’s Business Development team, focusing on business development, overseeing the maintenance of business development and marketing collateral for the Practice Group, business planning, monitoring progress against planned priorities, supporting client teams, client relationship management, client care reviews, submissions for directories, improving the profile of the Practice Group and developing its strategy for major events.
- Bachelor's degree is required, preferably in marketing, communications, business, or related field. Advanced degree beneficial, but not required.
- Seven or more years of business development, marketing, or other relevant field preferably in legal or other professional services environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to lead, motivate and mentor.
- Ability to readily comprehend business objectives and correspondingly develop and execute appropriate strategies.
- Highly disciplined approach to developing and executing the programs to achieve Practice Group and Business Development team objectives.
- Well-developed and sophisticated organization, communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people at all levels within an organization, as well as an ability to build strong relationships and work in a collaborative environment.
- Organized, detail-oriented individual with strong project management skills, and ability to work on multiple tasks with competing deadlines.
- High level of discretion, diplomacy and a commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality
- Travel Required