Baker McKenzie's Real Estate Group assists major local and international clients in maximising the efficiency of their real estate investment portfolios throughout Australia, the Asia Pacific and beyond. The Group is also renowned for its hotels practice and, in the last year, has acted on most of Australia’s largest hotel sales, acquisitions and mergers and acquisitions. The Group has extensive experience assisting real estate fund managers, private equity investors, hotel owners, public and private sector clients (including high net worth clients), project financiers, developers and property trusts doing business across Australia and in offshore markets. The Group has also built a reputation for helping large corporations and luxury brands meet their real estate needs by successfully negotiating commercial agreements for lease, leases and other arrangements to assist them in meeting their specialized accommodation and facility requirements as well as developing outsourcing solutions. Working closely with our global offices and Baker McKenzie's Construction, Hotels Resorts & Tourism, REITs, Taxation, Employment, Corporate and Financial Services groups, we provide comprehensive, high-quality legal services to our clients, in their activities in Australia and across the globe.
This Group has a particular emphasis on teamwork and are looking for an individual who shows a genuine interest in the team and mentoring others, as well as providing first class service to our clients.
We are currently looking for a General Associate to join our Commercial Real Estate practice group with 5-6 years PQE.
Skills and Experience Required
- Relevant and current work experience, with particular experience or an interest in the Hotel industry;
- Negotiating hotel and resort management sales and acquisitions agreements;
- Commercial Sales & Acquisitions;
- Commercial and Retail Leasing;
- Real Estate due diligence investigations;
- Sound property law expertise, with strong commercial skills and awareness of the issues and drivers impacting the Commercial Real Estate and Hotel industries;
- Excellent communication skills - both oral and written;
- Strong commitment to client service and well-developed relationship management ability - you will play a role in supporting and actively developing our relationships with clients
- Flexible work practices and ability to adapt style as required;
- Ability to manage a number of tasks simultaneously to be able to prioritise and manage the expectations of clients and work providers accordingly;
- Team focus - to facilitate effective teamwork by developing strong internal relationships;
- Enthusiasm to be involved in business development activities - participating in industry related programs and developing strategic relationships and networks;
- First rate experience of drafting documents; and
- Excellent academic background
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm
At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 47 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, and marital and parental status may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. We believe that diversity within the firm makes us stronger, and that an inclusive workplace will enable our talented workforce to achieve their potential. We celebrate differences, and all of our people are expected to create and maintain an open and supportive culture for everyone.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Wanner, Talent Management Consultant on +61 2 8922 5596 or email.