We are looking for a Legal Secretary who can demonstrate secretarial and administrative competencies to the highest level with at least six years of proven experience as Legal Secretary.
You will provide first class administrative support and secretarial service to a number of fee-earners such as Partners, Associates, Trainees and other work providers.
You will be supporting the Legal Support Team Leader's in ensuring a high level of client service and provision of quality secretarial services in order to contribute to a world class 24 hour administration service.
- To support fee earner administrative activities (for example, bundling, indexing, general organisation etc.)
- Receipt or rejection of Arabic court notifications relating to clients’ cases physically served at our AD Offices.
- Liaising with Court Certified Experts on receipt and dispatch of physical documents in AD.
- Preparation of Arabic physical files either for timekeepers usage or for court filings.
- Arranging for necessary documentation required by Court Staff as instructed by timekeepers.
- To support client activities and requirements in a proactive manner, liaising with clients e.g. take messages, pass on information, deal with simple queries, meet and greet and client events.
- To prepare client registration documents, engagement/assignment letters, conflicts checks, money laundering and audit Letters, with direction from partner/fee earner.
- To manage the production of all documents (even those not typed personally) from initiation to delivery back to the relevant fee earner, involving Document Specialists as required.
- To ensure documents returned to fee earner accurately reflect the original request before returning work, including proofreading the document, checking spelling, grammar, sense, amendments and presentation.
- To undertake general filing administration as appropriate.
- To pro-actively manage diaries, arrange meetings
- To undertake e-mail management (manage inbox and file e-mails), ensuring that urgent emails are promptly picked up by fee earners, or forwarded to another fee earner in their absence.
- To undertake limited typing i.e. urgent short documents (digital and non digital dictation).
- To make travel arrangements (visas, flights, hotels, dinners).
- To work collaboratively with other secretarial support for the Department, to provide a responsive and professional secretarial support service to fee earners and clients.
- To ensure that there is comprehensive telephone cover across the department, in accordance with the standard operating procedure.
- To liaise with the Document Support Unit for document production/amendments.
- To provide personal support (non BM related), subject to Legal Secretary's discretion.
- To maintain fee earner contact list.
- To support Marketing and BD administration e.g. prepare pitch documents.
- To support billing processes and timesheets.
- To undertake time entry administration - where applicable, ensure completed on a timely basis.
- To coordinate Training administration e.g. book rooms/refreshments, arrange printing of slides and materials, ensure equipment and room set up, create attendance sheet and collect signatures for CPD purposes, liaising with L&D Team.
- To work in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures.
- Career-minded candidates who have legal sector or other professional services experience / background, i.e. from the Big Four or banking sector.
- 'Can-do' attitude, demonstrates proactivity and takes the initiative.
- Consistently demonstrates secretarial competencies to the highest level in all areas.
- Strong technical skills, including proficient in all software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent Arabic-English communication skills (fluency in reading, writing, speaking and ability to translate and/or review translations).
- High level organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines and manage own caseload.
- Understanding of the importance of Client Service.
- Working knowledge of house style, document management systems, templates and precedents.
- Flexibility, Dedication, Humanity, Efficiency
Diversity & Inclusion
- Respects and enjoys the diversity of cultural, social and academic backgrounds found in the Firm.
- Candidates must be based in Abu Dhabi since the role is based in our Abu Dubai office.
Why Join Us?
Baker McKenzie is a truly global law firm. Founded in 1949, we advise many of the world’s most dynamic and successful business organisations through our 13,000 people in 77 offices across 47 countries. Yet big does not mean impersonal. We work hard to ensure that everyone knows their role and has the support they need to perform it to the highest standard. Our culture encourages this - how we work, think and behave in a collaborative and fulfilling way.
In the Gulf region Baker McKenzie has been active for more than three decades and our practice now boasts over 100 lawyers based in our seven offices in the Middle East – Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Cairo, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, and Riyadh. As a pioneering firm, we were most notably the first to enter both the Saudi and Egyptian markets.
The firm has built established and substantial presence in the Middle East & Africa region, with all offices working in close collaboration to service clients’ needs on a range of matters, including banking and finance, project finance, Islamic finance, corporate/M&A and dispute resolution. We work closely with key local players — including governmental and regulatory entities, financial institutions, family-owned conglomerates and corporates across all industry sectors — as well with global investors and corporations establishing and consolidating their presence in the region.
At Legal Advisors in association with Baker McKenzie we welcome direct applications.
Please send your resume to email@example.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact, in confidence, our Recruitment Manager Majdouline Alarabi on + 971 4 423 0000
No agencies please
Please note Legal Advisors in association with Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
Legal Advisors in association with Baker McKenzie has a culture of diversity and inclusion in its DNA – since our beginning, the differences of our people have helped us to work fluently across borders, cultures and practices. This is intrinsic to everything we do and underpins Legal Advisors in association with Baker McKenzie's vision to be the global law firm of choice. We understand that organisations work best when people with different backgrounds and points of view are brought together. We also know people perform at their best when they can be themselves at work. Baker McKenzie is committed to serving our clients with innovative solutions brought about by a diverse talent pool and an inclusive community.