To work collaboratively with the EMEA+ Corporate, Dispute Resolution & Real Estate Group Leaders (PGLs) and Business Managers (BMs) to accelerate practice group and individual lawyer performance and development, aligned with strategic direction, vision and values of EMEA+; and assist the PGLs and BMs with any and all people issues arising from the transition to EMEA+.
To work closely with the EMEA+ Director of Talent Management and other Practice Group Talent Management Business Partners for EMEA+; and play an essential role providing high-quality business partnering support to lawyers in the EMEA+ Employment and Tax Practice Groups (the PGs).
This is a highly collaborative role, which requires liaising closely with the PGLs and BMs, while also working on a daily basis with office-based Talent Management colleagues. It is a hands-on position that requires proactive and reliable business partnering advice and service to the assigned PGLs and to the lawyers within the PGs.
Operate as a Business Partner for the designated PGLs and BMs to understand their strategic needs in relation to their people; liaise and co-ordinate with office-based Talent Management and Recruitment business partners to deliver:
- Team planning and management for the PGs (pipeline, succession and promotion, and, in partnership with the PG BMs, capacity review and utilisation, etc.)
- Recruitment (determine needs, evaluate staffing options, coordinate the on-boarding/induction for the PGs)
- Mobility (liaise with Global Mobility Advisory Group and office-based Talent Management on mobility issues throughout the PGs in EMEA+)
- Talent Reviews (support and coordinate the EMEA+ Talent Review process for the PGs and work with the PGLs to identify and implement solutions and programs for underperforming and high potential talent)
- Performance Management (support associate and local partner performance management processes (e.g., annual evaluation and promotion processes) for the assigned practice groups; evaluate performance results with the PGLs)
- Career Development (coordinate nomination for EMEA+ programs, assess and identify lawyer training needs and address in partnership with EMEA Leadership and Learning Lead, provide individual career development coaching sessions on an as-needed basis.)
- Organizational Development (e.g., follow-up on BakerYou within the practice group, consistent with overall EMEA+ approach; focus on improving engagement)
- Integration (serve as key liaison to support and facilitate integration of EMEA+ lateral partners)
- Close coordination with office-based Talent Management, provide HR advisory support to the PGLs on people-related issues
- Partnership with the People and EMEA+ leadership teams to help develop optimal People strategy, infrastructure and resources for EMEA+
- Other duties as assigned
Travel requirements Occasional travel may be required
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s degree focusing on Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Organizational Development, Management, or other related areas
- Extensive experience in HR/Talent Management, preferably with experience working in a professional services firm environment
- Experience working across multiple locations and jurisdictions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; fluent written and spoken English is required
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and drive results with a sense of urgency in setting strategies and executing against the objectives
- Proven ability to influence, interact and consult with senior leaders, strong collaboration skills and effective stakeholder management
- Strong coaching, counselling, business acumen, and overall communication skills