To manage and execute all non-partner (Graduate, Associate/Fee-earner and PBS) recruiting (and associated) activities for the Belgium offices (Brussels, Antwerp and ECLP), providing high quality recruitment expertise and delivery that is consistent with local country office/s and EMEA+ Recruitment strategy and is aligned to wider Regional and Global Recruitment strategy, ensuring implementation of agreed recruiting objectives.
To provide, as required, support and execution for lateral Partner recruitment efforts across the wider Region, working closely with and providing first class support to the Senior Lateral Partner Recruitment Manager, EMEA and Recruitment Leadership Team on a variety of lateral Partner recruiting activities as part of a best in class Partner Recruiting team.
Working closely with the Associate Director of Recruitment, EMEA+, the regional Recruitment team, local Talent leads and Talent Business Partners, Belgium office leadership and Practice Group Leads / senior functional leads to ensure that the Firm is attracting and hiring top quality, diverse talent and that all candidates receive a world-class candidate experience throughout the recruitment and selection process, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Manage and execute associate / fee-earner recruitment, graduate recruitment (and associated programmes and activity) and PBS recruitment (working with Business Professional Recruitment Manager, EMEA) across multiple offices
- Drive creative sourcing methodologies, reducing dependency on agencies and focusing on direct sourcing in support of the direct hiring strategy across all populations
- Lead and/or actively participate in one or more recruitment workstreams and the agreed sub-streams to develop and implement recruitment objectives, whilst ensuring recruiting professionals are aligned on recruitment execution
- Ensure effective coordination with the E2E team across all service level requests to ensure support is seamless, efficient and provides high quality candidate experience
- Effectively and proactively manage all internal and external relationships, developing trusted advisor status - ensure all internal clients are kept fully informed around the status of their vacancies, working closely with stakeholders to ensure a first class recruitment experience; ensure external contacts, including recruitment agencies / head-hunters and candidates are kept up to date with progress and of any wider firm updates and appropriate communications / collateral to support the Firm's brand as an employer of choice and to ensure a first class recruitment experience
- Provide regular MI reporting, metrics and status updates as required to key stakeholders, including Recruitment Leadership Team, working with E2E team
- Work closely with Talent Management to ensure seamless transition post candidate acceptance, providing a first class candidate experience
- Network with Firm partners, legal recruiters and other law firm recruitment professionals in an effort to stay abreast of trends and activity in the legal community
- Mentor and develop junior recruitment professionals, as required
- Manage and execute full cycle Graduate Recruitment activities, including but not limited to, innovative graduate attraction strategies; screening, interview / assessment; offer management; effective
applicant tracking; professional, timely communications (with candidates, Universities, careers services, graduate, student and diversity related organisations etc.); On-Campus and outreach activities and events; Summer and Intern programmes (offer management / employment terms and conditions; pre-joining communication;; orientation & integration; plan, coordinate and execute activities / programmes; manage and attend events; work with practice groups / stakeholders on work allocation; act as key point of contact for students, ensuring pastoral care; assess students and gather business feedback); keep in touch programmes; open days and insight days, presentations and recruiting collateral to support the Firm's brand
- Ensuring first class Graduate Recruitment programmes, timely hiring decisions and processes supporting the attraction and hiring of high quality, diverse talent, in adherence to local market practices and regulations
Lateral Associate / Fee-earner Recruitment
- Manage and execute recruitment activities, including but not limited to, managing vacancies, developing and managing relations with preferred agencies/search firms and other legal industry organisations to promote the Firm and lateral opportunities; proactively working with regional practice groups and hiring managers to manage recruitment process from sourcing to hire, advising on and implementing best in class recruiting processes, with support from E2E teams; collaborate with Talent Business Partners e.g. on hiring forecasts, talent pipelines and post offer as required
Professional & Business Services Recruitment
- Manage and execute recruitment activities, including but not limited to, managing vacancies, developing and managing relations with preferred agencies/search firms, sourcing, interviewing and assessment for PBS positions, in conjunction with Business Professional Recruitment Manager, as required
Lateral Partner Recruitment
- Provide first class support on the execution of lateral Partner hiring related activities, as required, working closely with Senior Lateral Partner Recruitment Manager and Recruitment Leadership.
- To include, but not limited to, assisting with key searches and executing sourcing plans; working effectively with search firms and other external suppliers; delivering agreed lateral Partner hiring priorities e.g. by supporting the Senior Manager / Recruitment Leadership on lateral Partner documentation (including papers and business plans, communications and memos as part of the approvals and voting process); developing collateral and opportunity profiles; effective lateral Partner tracking processes; reporting, status updates and proactive communication to Sponsoring Partners / GPGLs & RPGLs and key stakeholders including Recruitment Leadership; work with Regional and Global Finance on lateral Partner financial models, with Risk/GCs and New Business Intake in relation to conflict process; work closely with other members of the Partner Recruiting team and E2E team, supporting on ad-hoc projects aligned to the Partner Recruitment work stream, to ensure a best in class Partner recruitment process and lateral experience across the Region, which is aligned to Global Partner Recruitment objectives and strategy.
- Annual recruitment budget development for designated offices and monthly compliance of same
- Conducting interviews as and when required and possible
- In conjunction with Recruitment Team Leadership, conduct reviews of processes and procedures to ensure recruitment best practice and local / regional compliance, whilst ensuring Baker McKenzie is the employer of choice
- Develop recruiting initiatives that positively impact the overall recruitment of diverse candidates, ensuring that all recruitment activity and processes support and are aligned with the firms Diversity & Inclusion ("D&I") strategy, working closely with other recruitment, talent and D&I professionals
- Develop and lead / participate in a minimum of one FY recruiting project as it relates to a designated recruitment work-stream and substreams; Participate in one FY recruiting project outside their designated work-stream; Participate / lead ad-hoc recruitment projects as and when required
- Provide support, as and when required, to the Recruitment Leadership Team and work collaboratively as part of a regional Recruitment team, assisting other offices on recruitment activity and projects outside of local office hiring activity
- Participate in various recruiter organisations to increase personal networking, knowledge sharing and promotion of the Firm
The role may require some occasional travel
The Firm’s People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting and developing all of the Firm’s people, including our Partners, Lawyers and Professional & Business Services, working closely with the Firm’s leadership to design and deliver the Firm’s people strategy, building on the Firm’s core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity. The function includes:
- Talent Management
- Recruitment & Mobility
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership & Learning
- Careers & Performance
- Partner Services
- Total Rewards
This role will be reporting to both the Associate Director of Recruitment, EMEA+ and Senior Lateral Partner Recruitment Manager, EMEA.
The key relationships of this role will be with the following:
- Director of Recruitment, EMEA
- In-market Talent Management
- Regional Recruitment colleagues & those with a shared work-stream
- Relevant Hiring Partners/Hiring Committee Members
- Office Managing Partners & Practice Group Leads
About The Candidate
Technical skills, qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Significant demonstrable recruiting experience, at Manager level and across all populations, in a professional services organization and/or large law firm, preferably with multi-office responsibility and in support of a diverse base of legal practices / functions
- Strong track record in direct sourcing methodologies and delivery
- Strong management skills and able to develop others via coaching, mentoring and delivering performance feedback
- First class written and oral communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with a proven ability to relate to and gain the confidence of people / influence at all levels within an organization
- Willing and able to constantly drive forward all recruitment processes to ensure good progress is made at all times.
- Confidence in working and communicating with colleagues at all levels on a daily basis
- Able to bring good judgement and empathy to sensitive situations
- Desire to operate as a team-player with both the regional recruitment teams as well as the local Brussels Talent team
- Strong organizational skills and must be able to meet deadlines and multi-task in a matrix, fast-paced, professional services environment
- Excellent oral and written language skills: English, Dutch or French mother tongue with a very good knowledge of the other national language.
These personal qualities represent the shared characteristics of high performers across Baker McKenzie, regardless of job level and location.
- Keeps across key developments in all relevant areas and demonstrates the ability to develop substantive authority in relation to the Firm's specialist fields
- Demonstrates the ability to identify the real issue, and to anticipate requirements and potential consequences; distils a range of possibilities by thinking in a considered, prudent manner
- Able to move through a variety of tasks requiring different approaches, knowledge, and expertise, with agility of mind and capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Driven by a strong personal sense of integrity and upholds exemplary quality standards
- Prepares thoroughly, takes responsibility, uses initiative and is self- reliant to ensure work progresses to the fullest extent possible
- Hardworking and diligent with a keen understanding of client demands
- Demonstrates composure when dealing with difficult situations
- Creates a positive impression at all times; develops relationships through collaboration and reciprocity
- Negotiates to achieve outcomes that are mutually satisfactory; shows good judgement on when to stand strong and when to compromise
- Invests in, nurtures and builds a network of productive relationships
- Respectful to others, regardless of their position, and earns the respect of others by being transparent
- Has care and concern for others and a genuine interest in others as people
- Treats delicate or confidential issues with grace and discretion
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Recruitment Team on either 020 7919 1000 or Recruitment.London@bakermckenzie.com
For more information about this position or to discuss any adjustments you may require during the process please contact in confidence, Vanessa Renforth, Recruitment Manager, on 020 70725731 or Vanessa.Renforth@Bakermckenzie.com
Please review our Applicant Privacy Notice here
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note Baker McKenzie does not accept unsolicited CVs. Please click here for details of our Agency Policy and commitment to sourcing directly.
About Baker McKenzie
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion for all. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfil their professional aspirations with us.