We are looking for a Global Corporate Maintenance Services Lawyer or Company Secretary to join our highly-regarded team at Baker McKenzie Global Services, Belfast.
Our Global M&A practice is the largest of any Firm in the world and we work with some of the biggest global corporations as they grow, merge, divest and restructure their businesses. As part of this Group, our Global Corporate Maintenance unit helps clients to manage their legal entities globally, to meet their annual corporate compliance obligations, as well as implementing changes to legal entities such as director and auditor changes.
We work with a wide range of clients including major multinational corporates, PLCs, and financial institutions. Our local legal and business knowledge, combined with our practiced fluency in cross-border services, makes us the first choice firm for the world's leading companies. Our Global Corporate Maintenance unit in Belfast has been established as an innovative way to carry out related work efficiently and expertly to high standards of quality and consistency. We are looking for a lawyer or company secretary to join this team.
The successful applicant will be working with the Global M&A practice group and with our Corporate Reorganizations teams across a number of offices. The unit is growing quickly and we need to be able to support a rapidly increasing number of global clients.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a genuine interest in developing an innovative, efficient and excellent legal service for some of the world's largest clients and to build your skills as part of an award winning Firm.
The successful applicant will:
- Coordinate and project manage legal aspects of the provision of corporate maintenance services and be responsible for technical quality. This will include working with local legal experts around the world to manage corporate maintenance deadlines such as filing annual accounts for clients' entities globally, managing multi-jurisdictional changes such as director and officer changes, developing know how and templates in this area, advising clients on any compliance issues identified by local legal experts and working with local experts to advise best course of action.
- Act as the key client contact on GCMS projects as required and be responsible for managing the client relationship in conjunction with the lead instructing office.
- Work with local legal experts to provide clients with notifications of changes to company law, which affect corporate maintenance obligations including changes to the ultimate beneficial ownership disclosure requirements.
- Provide legal training and advice to corporate maintenance teams across the Baker McKenzie network, external local counsel and clients.
- Work with the GCMS Senior Manager to refine process mapping, efficiencies and best practice on an ongoing basis; facilitate embedding of new processes across the Group; refine process guidance and communicate across the network as appropriate.
- Work with the GCMS team to review and advise on draft and final client invoices.
- Contribute to pitches and client proposals, assist with demonstrations and provide the legal advice and context as required during the sales process.
- A qualified lawyer or company secretary with excellent academic credentials (2:1 or above)
- Excellent writing skills and commercial approach.
- Relevant experience either working in a law firm or in-house team, or within a Company Secretarial team, or in the management of legal entities.
Technical & Personal Skills:
- Maturity and ability to liaise with people at all levels of the Firm, and to represent the Firm externally to clients and the wider market.
- Strong communication skills in writing and in person.
- Exceptional attention to detail and a strong "client first" approach to service.
- Tech savvy and keen to learn new systems and technologies.
- A positive team member and active contributor in a team environment.
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and problem solving skills.