Closing Date: 25th April 2021
The Client Support Specialist team is responsible for providing comprehensive and commercially focused support across Intake, Billing, and Collections for a portfolio of clients. This involves managing the overall health of the client relationship from a finance perspective.
- Collaborate with Business Development Managers to liaise between the Client Service Directors and the client's legal operations team.
- Remain apprised of client KPIs, including overall WIP, AR, Fees, profitability, and other areas that may pose risks that should be brought to the Client Service Directors' and in-market finance leaders' attention regularly.
- Collaborate with center-based teams (e.g. Intake, Billing, Collections, Pricing, E-Billing, etc.) to ensure that each team has correctly understood client requirements.
- Project manage various initiatives such as implementation of new Outside Counsel guidelines, changes to E-Billing infrastructure, new client specific reports, or others as they arise.
- Coordinate with Client Support Analysts to ensure budgets are managed and accruals are submitted timely and accurately to the client, including any client specific reporting required on a regular or ad-hoc basis (across all clients). Ensure that budgets in SAP accurately mirror those in E-Billing systems.
- Where relevant, manage reporting requests related to Trademark portfolios that may require working knowledge of flat fee schedules and intended use as agreed with Clients and IP Partners.
- Provide input to Service Owners on any issue affecting the overall cash cycle (e.g. matter management, short payments, etc.).
- Special ad hoc projects (e.g. client bankruptcy).
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deal effectively at all levels throughout an international firm and with firm clients.
- Proven ability to confidently influence, interact and consult with senior leaders regarding finance processes, guidelines and compliances.
- Experience within a Finance function, demonstrating finance skills and experience applicable to the role, preferably within the legal industry but not compulsory.
- A great financial all rounder having worked in a range of finance teams or companies.
- Demonstrated expertise in operational efficiency, strong in project management and systemic thinking.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly with positive energy, forward thinking and high ethical standards.
- Keen attention to details and effective organizational skills.
- Must be confident to escalate and ask questions, especially when being asked to deviate from standard processes.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast paced ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demand, including learning new skills when required.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Computer literate with experience in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Strong Excel skills desirable.
- SAP, Billing or E-Billing experience desirable.