We are looking for a Legal Project Coordinator to join our highly-regarded team at Baker McKenzie Global Services, Belfast.
The successful applicant will work alongside lawyers and colleagues in Legal Project Management and other disciplines, based in Belfast and around the world, providing project management support, to key matters. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a significant change in the way legal services are delivered, both at Baker McKenzie and around the legal sector. The role focuses on excellent client service, use of technology, and process innovation, to increase efficiency and improve the quality of our services.
The role's purpose is to specifically provide high quality support on a variety of matters supported by the Firm's dedicated Legal Project Management team. Matters supported will typically be multi-jurisdictional in nature and involve large Baker & McKenzie client teams and also to provide support for internal Legal Project Management team initiatives. The role will involve significant use of SharePoint, Excel, and document management processes.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has a very strong work ethic and a genuine interest in working for a law firm, is numerate with a strong interest in using technology to manage projects.
• Relevant undergraduate degree with 2.1 classification or above preferred.
• 2 years+ working experience
• Consistently demonstrates administrative competencies to the highest level
• Strong technical skills (experience with SharePoint an advantage)
• Ability to manage large amounts of complex, imperfect data sets
• Previous professional services sector experience preferred
• Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (particularly Excel, but also including PowerPoint and Word. MS Project experience desirable).
• Strong numeracy skills
• Strong interest in the use of technology to solve problems
Technical and Personal Skills:
• Can-do attitude, highly self motivated & self starter
• Ability to build empathy and trust
• A positive team member and active contributor in a team environment
• High level organisational skills and precise attention to detail
• Robust - ability to bounce back when challenged
• Highly flexible
• Excellent time management, written and verbal skills
• Demonstrable interest in, and understanding of, fundamental project management concepts and of law firm / professional services project management approaches
• Formal Project Management qualification (e.g. PRINCE2 or PMP) an advantage