The coordinator is principally responsible for these key areas of bid management: (1) proposal development; (2) reporting and analysis; (3) resources and tools management; (4) project and stakeholder management.
1. Proposal development
- Writing, editing, formatting, and coordinating pitch content to respond to RFIs and RfPs; preparing placemats; compiling CVs; tailoring capability statements.
- Independently writing pitches and capability statements from start to finish, working directly with relevant stakeholders.
- Editing, formatting, and coordinating pitch content to respond to RFIs and RfPs; preparing placemats; compiling CVs; tailoring capability statements as part of a pitch team.
- Following intake processes to acknowledge assignment
- Liaising with requestors to confirm the scope of work and develop drafts using Firm templates and best practices
- Supplementary information gathering from other parties within the Firm, as needed
- On-time delivery of proposals — meeting internal and client deadlines and requirements
2. Reporting and analysis
- Job closing on intake system and filing on intake tool, automated proposals tool, pitch and panel trackers, and launch of client satisfaction survey (NPS), following Firm protocols
- Monitoring and following up on the outcome of proposals with requestors and updating the trackers
- Regular generation of pitch activity reports and analyses for functional leaders
3. Resources and tools management
- Ownership and upkeep of projects in the proposals tool
- Review and standardization of content and templates before uploading on the proposals tool and relevant trackers, including coordination with relevant content owners
- Regular audit and updating of materials for accuracy and relevance
- Proactive recommendation of improvements and enhancements to the tool, and the team's products, services, and processes
4. Project and stakeholder management
- Coordinate with all individuals and teams involved in ongoing pitches i.e. BD professionals, lawyers, and other fulfiller groups to align and ensure that expectations, timelines, and goals are met
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior pitch creation and delivery experience, strong business development and writing skills and experience.
- Hands-on experience in proposal development including writing and project management is a huge advantage
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Client service focus, flexibility, can-do attitude; motivated and enthusiastic; personal drive and energy
- Experience in BD/ communications in professional services is advantageous
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Photoshop is good to have
- Using web-based and library resources for BD intelligence gathering
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)