Please click here to see a video introducing our firm.
At Baker McKenzie we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 47 countries.
Baker McKenzie helps clients overcome the challenges of competing in the global economy. We solve complex legal problems across borders and practice areas. Our unique culture, developed over 65 years, enables our people to understand local markets and navigate multiple jurisdictions, working together as trusted colleagues and friends to instill confidence in our clients. This is an exciting time to join us as we invest in and further develop our Professional & Business Services organisation, providing rewarding and challenging career opportunities in all of our world-class business functions.
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic Client Services Assistant to join our Team.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing professional, service oriented support to clients, suppliers and staff by conducting all interactions in an efficient, friendly, helpful and articulate manner. This role provides a high standard of service to internal and external clients, creating a positive impression of Baker McKenzie and the Client Services department.
- Client Service: assist internal and external clients, update and administer upcoming functions and events, maintain and oversee conference rooms.
- Catering: record, administer, and organise catering requests and apply knowledge of legislation governing food preparation hygiene and alcohol consumption.
- Equipment: assist with the set up of teleconferencing equipment, multimedia devices, televisions, monitors, projectors, recording equipment, speaker sets, digital cameras/camcorders, and other presentation equipment.
- Housekeeping: ensure all facilities are in good order and report any maintenance and Occupational Health & Safety issues to the Corporate Services Supervisor.
- Front of house: Coverage for Receptionists during break times; coordination of conference and meeting room bookings; manage conflicts in booking schedules; greet clients and visitors in a professional manner; provide reminders to meeting attendees; liaise with Client Services Assistants.
Qualifications / Expertise
- Previous experience within a customer service role in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Some experience or technical knowledge of teleconferencing, presentation, and other AV equipment would be preferable.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Project management skills and ability to work under pressure and manage competing priorities.
- Strong organisational skills.
- High standard of personal presentation reflecting the professional reputation of the Firm.
- Effective and collaborative team member.
- Effective communication skills.
- Enthusiastic and dedicated.
- Demonstrates initiative.
- Demonstrates willingness to go above and beyond
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, and marital and parental status may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. Our unique international culture is reflected in the drawing together of a worldwide family of individuals from diverse cultures and backgrounds in all of our offices. We encourage the best people - regardless of race, religion or belief if any, gender, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation or age - to fulfill their professional aspirations with us.
We believe that diversity within the firm makes us stronger, and that an inclusive workplace will enable our talented workforce to achieve their potential. We celebrate differences, and all of our people are expected to create and maintain an open and supportive culture for everyone.
If you are self motivated and excited by the connectivity that a global law firm can offer, then we would like to hear from you. Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will then be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application.
For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Hollie Jones, Senior Professional Development Consultant, 03 9617 4478.