We are currently looking for a Inclusion & Diversity Senior Manager / AP Regional Lead to join our Business Services Team in Sydney.
The Firm’s People function has responsibility for recruiting, supporting and developing all of the Firm’s people, including our Partners, Lawyers and Professional & Business Services, working closely with the Firm’s leadership to design and deliver the Firm’s people strategy, building on the Firm’s core commitments to collaboration, excellence and inclusivity. The function includes
- Talent Management
- Recruitment & Mobility
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Leadership & Learning
- Careers & Performance
- Partner Services
- Total Rewards
- Contribute thought leadership to the development and implementation of innovative methods and ideas to advance and implement I&D initiatives throughout the Firm's AP region, including the
- Australian office I&D Committee and other I&D regional and office Committees in the Joint Asia Offices and AP region.
- Work in partnership with the Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer (CIDO) and I&D teams to design and implement internal I&D organizational structures (to include metrics, toolkits, templates, databases, technology solutions, etc.) to integrate and embed I&D into the AP Offices.
- Manage and implement diversity awareness education programming, workshops, seminars and retreats.
- Manage and work closely with the regional and office I&D Committees to ensure that initiatives and programs are planned out for each year, with input and contribution from Committee members
- Lead large and small scale I&D events.
- Manage key internal and external annual reporting and compliance requirements including WGEA, Employer of Choice for Gender Equality, Stonewall and AWEI, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of information; design and develop business reports.
- Work with clients and client business teams to implement diversity related programs and partnerships.
- Oversee the AP I&D budget and manage I&D budget for the Australia office.
- Collaborate with the Firm's business service departments, to include communications/marketing, talent management, leadership and learning, finance and business development teams.
- Compile, analyze and maintain internal and external I&D related data and metrics; own and maintain I&D dashboards to assess efficiency and effectiveness of I&D initiatives and strategies.
- Conduct internal and external research, to include research related to wellbeing, gender, cultural/ethnicity, disability and LGBT issues.
- Work with senior leaders and Communications team to build the Firm's profile as an I&D leader both internally and externally, including through use of social media.
- Supervise the work of resources engaged on I&D initiatives.
- Build relationships with lawyers and business service professionals at the firm, internal diversity leaders, diversity professionals at peer firms, leaders of diversity organizations and bar-associations, and diversity professionals at clients.
- Monitor external diversity best practices, attend and speak at diversity conferences and on diversity panels, and facilitate relationships between individuals at the firm and leading diversity organizations.
- Liaise and collaborate with external stakeholders (e.g Pride in Diversity, WGEA, Resilience@Law).
Qualifications & Experience
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Bachelor's degree required; HR, Psychology, Organizational Development, Law Degree or Masters degree a plus.
- Demonstrated inclusive leader and interest and passion for the field of inclusion and diversity
- Minimum of four years of inclusion experience, preferably in a large law firm.
- Self motivated; ability to work independently.
- Demonstrated expertise in project management and strategic planning.
- Strong organization skills, including setting priorities, structuring project deliverables, and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent judgment and problem solving skills.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Baker McKenzie Australia can offer you access to complex, market leading matters working with some of the world's best legal minds – people who know the law and who understand business. We have an unrivalled ability to provide training and secondment opportunities across our global network. Locally, we have an inclusive culture of learning, coaching and opportunity where you will work in small teams on matters that often cross borders. We value people who think ahead and get noticed.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Nicola Bell, Talent Management Consultant, +61 2 8922 5272.