We are seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to provide executive support to the National Managing Partner of Baker McKenzie, Australia and the broader Management team. The role delivers timely, efficient and high quality administrative, secretarial and department-specific services to the National Managing Partner.
- Management of National Managing Partner's email, calendar, and schedule.
- Filing and administrative duties.
- Organise correspondence (voicemail, email, and postal mail) and relay messages promptly.
- Identify, open, generate, maintain, label, update and close files (including e-files), according to task and Firm requirements.
- Organize couriers, conferences and functions, travel and accommodation, internal and external meetings (including room, car spaces, catering, invitations etc.).
- Plan, forecast, and manage budgets, expenses, billing, and reporting.
- Preparation and distribution of relevant documentation, including meeting agendas, agenda item papers, and run sheets.
- Minute taking and following up action items, as appropriate.
- Plan, monitor, and following up cyclical agenda items.
- Administration of Partner meetings.
- Plan, organise, and prepare quarterly staff briefings, including liaising with Firm departments for contributions.
- Organize virtual meetings using video-conferencing software.
- Manage ongoing and outstanding tasks for the National Managing Partner.
- Create and amend documents using version control and track changes.
- Work directly with internal clients, develop and maintain relationships, and assist with business development activities.
- Manage various ongoing projects as required.
- Assist with events and social functions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Previous experience in a similar role, ideally in a law firm or professional services environment supporting multiple team members.
- Minimum typing speed of 50 wpm (90% accuracy rate).
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent customer service and client relationship skills.
- Experience in managing multiple stakeholders.
- Advanced computer knowledge; able to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates technical and professional knowledge relevant to the role.
- Ability to take personal responsibility for tasks and anticipate the need; consistently show initiative and assist without instruction.
- Strong relationship management skills (locally, globally and regionally) including internal clients and external stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills.
- Proactive, dedicated and self-motivated approach.
- Ability to consistently produce quality work, completing all tasks to a high professional standard.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential and deal with sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
- Effective prioritisation and time management skills, keeping key stakeholders up to date with progress.
- Consistently meet deadlines; ability to work under pressure and remain focused.
- Understanding of the Firm's strategy and ability to contribute to the Firm's success; commercial outlook with the ability to balance business cases with financial and other impacts.
- Strong team player.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility in working hours; flexible to assist with urgent work outside standard hours.
Our Operations, Risk & Administration function supports and manages the day-to-day operations of the Firm, providing expert and in-market support regarding office management, office services and facilities, real estate management, risk management, and secretarial and administrative services.
Please click here to see a video introducing our Firm.
At Baker McKenzie, we are different in the way we think, work and behave. Like no other law firm, we were born global. Our Australian practice was established in Sydney in 1964, in Melbourne in 1982 and in Brisbane in 2014. Our lawyers work seamlessly with our global colleagues, collectively providing a capacity of more than 5,600 locally qualified lawyers and 6,000 professional staff in 78 locations across 46 countries.
Diversity & Inclusion
Baker McKenzie is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive culture for all its employees, with equal opportunity for all to progress and have a meaningful career with our Firm. Our mission is to foster an environment where individuals of every ethnicity, culture, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion, age, disability, carer status and working style may succeed professionally and fully contribute to the goals of the Firm. As part of our inclusive culture, we encourage applications from all genders, abilities and cultural backgrounds including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people.
Baker McKenzie provides information and support relating to the recruitment process for transgender and gender diverse candidates. Please let us know if you would like to receive this additional support.
Our bAgile program encourages a range of flexible work opportunities for all. We invite you to let us know of any reasonable adjustments you require to equitably participate in the recruitment process or in performing the requirements of this role.
Please click on the Apply icon to start the online application process for this role. We will be in touch with you once we have reviewed your application. For a confidential discussion and further information, please contact Angelique Holden, Talent Management Consultant, 02 8922 5596.