As the first truly global law firm, inclusion and diversity (I&D) is foundational to our culture and strategic vision. Our diversity makes our global community stronger, more interesting and richer in thought, and helps us in solving complex problems and designing practical solutions for our clients.
- We view inclusion and diversity as a business imperative, and seek to engage with our clients to drive progress both within our Firm and in the broader legal community. Diverse teams make innovation possible, provide us greater insight into client needs, and lead to better performance.
- Our approach is global and inclusive. We have more than 13,000 employees in 46 countries who speak 80+ languages, and we want to ensure that all of our people feel included and empowered.
- The I&D Agenda is championed at the highest level by our Global Chair and our Global Executive Committee whose members each have KPIs around diversity.
- We have a Global I&D Committee tasked with driving forward the Firm's inclusion and diversity strategy and monitors progress through regular meetings and leadership accountability
- We are proactively cultivating an inclusive and diverse environment through leadership accountability, policies and practices and client and community outreach.
In 2019 we enacted global targets of 40% women, 40% men and 20% flexible (women, men or non-binary persons) by July 2025. The targets apply to partners, senior business professionals, committee leadership and candidate pools for recruitment.