Eliseo Zuñiga, Jr. is a partner in the Employment Practice Group and a member of the Services and the Information Technology & Communications industry groups in Manila. He has 16 years of experience advising clients on general employment issues, employee termination, executive compensation, benefits transfers and terminations, and labor litigation. He actively participates as a speaker and presenter in various regional and local seminars and conferences on labor and employment-related issues. He serves as a Co-chairperson in Labor Policy Reforms and Industrial Relations Committee in the People Management Association of the Philippines.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represent a global manufacturer of industrial equipment and tools in the various proceedings that have arisen as a result of the retrenchment of 87 employees and the formation of a labor union.
- Represent a multinational company manufacturing wire die in collective bargaining negotiations with the members of the union.
- Represent a leading Japanese global research-based pharmaceutical company, in notice of strike proceedings before the National Conciliation and Mediation Board.
- Successfully obtained a favorable resolution from the Supreme Court for the Philippine subsidiary of a US-based pharmaceutical company, upholding the dismissal of a union president who was dismissed by the company.
- Represent the main coordinating entity of a global accounting firm network in an illegal dismissal case filed by a former partner.
- Advise client, a US-based insurance, reinsurance and risk management services company on a labor complaint filed by employees of a local BPO against client. Assist in the mediation conference and negotiating and settling claims.
- Leading Individual in Employment, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2018
- Up and Coming Lawyer in Employment, Chambers Asia Pacific, 2015-2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- People Management Association of the Philippines - Co-chairperson - Labor Policy Reforms and Industrial Relations Committee
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines - Member
- International Bar Association - Member
- Philippines (2001)
- University of the Philippines (LL.B.) (2000)
- University of the Philippines (A.B. Political Science) (1996)