Jing advises on competition law, international trade law, and commercial regulatory compliance. As part of her competition practice, Jing has experience working on complex and high profile cross-border merger transactions, securing merger control clearance, and advising on marketing and advertising issues. As part of her international trade practice, Jing has advised clients on Canadian sanctions and customs law and other regulatory matters affecting the cross-border movement of goods. Jing has also advised clients on product regulation, licensing and permitting requirements for doing business in Canada across a variety of industries.
Jing also has experience with the Investment Canada Act and has assisted foreign investors seeking regulatory approval for their investments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Sika AG on competition and foreign investment review aspects of its EUR 5.3 billion acquisition of the MBCC Group, and the divestment of MBCC's admixtures business in the United States, Canada, the UK, the European Union, Australia and New Zealand to Cinven.
- Provide ongoing advice to major food manufacturers regarding their food regulatory and marketing requirements.
- Advised Tervita Corporation on all competition matters and filings in connection with its contested merger with SECURE energy services.
- Advised Hexo Corp on competition matters and filings in connection with its acquisition of Redecan.
- Advised Northland Properties Corporation on competition matters and filings in connection with its acquisition of the Grouse Mountain Resort.
- Acted as Canadian counsel to Allergan Plc., regarding all competition matters and filings in connection with its acquisition by AbbVie Inc., for USD 63 billion.
- Advised an international telecommunications company on foreign investment filings and approvals in connection with their establishment of a new business in Canada.
- Advised various US private equity firms on foreign investment approvals in connection with their Canadian investments.
- Advised a public Canadian company in connection with internal investigations initiated by the Canadian Competition Bureau for alleged infringements under the Competition Act.
- Providing advice on marketing practices, with a focus on "Made in Canada" claims, to a Canadian clothing retailer.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association (Section of Antitrust Law) - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2020)
- University of British Columbia (Allard Law - JD) (2019)
- University of Toronto (BA Hons., Economics and Public Policy - High Distinction) (2016)
- Co-author, Online Advertising and Marketing: Overview (Canada) chapter in the Thomson Reuters Practical Law Guide 2022
- Co-author, Substantive Merger Review: Overview (Canada) chapter in the Thomson Reuters Practical Law Guide 2021