Jing advises clients on all aspects of competition law, including merger review, cartel investigations and regulatory compliance. Jing has experience working on complex and high profile cross-border merger transactions, securing merger control clearance, as well as civil class action arising from alleged infringements of the Competition Act. As part of her practice, Jing has advised clients across various industries including pharmaceuticals, energy, retail, private equity, hospitality and manufacturing.
Jing also has experience with the Investment Canada Act and has assisted foreign investors seeking regulatory approval for their investments.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Tervita Corporation on all competition matters and filings in connection with its contested merger with SECURE energy services.
- Advised Hexo Corp on competition matters and filings in connection with its acquisition of Redecan.
- Advised Northland Properties Corporation on competition matters and filings in connection with its acquisition of the Grouse Mountain Resort.
- Advised Lineage Logistics (a Bay Grove Capital company) on competition matters in connection with their acquisition of VersaCold Logistics Services from Torquest Partners.
- Acted as Canadian counsel to Allergan Plc., regarding all competition matters and filings in connection with its acquisition by AbbVie Inc., for USD 63 billion.
- Advised an international telecommunications company on foreign investment filings and approvals in connection with their establishment of a new business in Canada.
- Advised various US private equity firms on foreign investment approvals in connection with their Canadian investments.
- Advised a public Canadian company in connection with internal investigations initiated by the Canadian Competition Bureau for alleged infringements under the Competition Act.
- Providing advice on marketing practices, with a focus on "Made in Canada" claims, to a Canadian clothing retailer.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
- American Bar Association (Section of Antitrust Law) - Member
- Ontario~Canada (2020)
- University of British Columbia (Allard Law - JD) (2019)
- University of Toronto (BA Hons., Economics and Public Policy - High Distinction) (2016)
- Co-author, Online Advertising and Marketing: Overview (Canada) chapter in the Thomson Reuters Practical Law Guide 2022
- Co-author, Substantive Merger Review: Overview (Canada) chapter in the Thomson Reuters Practical Law Guide 2021