David is a mid-level associate in Baker McKenzie's Employment Department in London. He joined the Firm in 2019.
David regularly provides pro-bono advice on employment law matters to organisations, including to a well-known symphony orchestra in London and a training provider of social workers.
David advises clients on both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters across a wide variety of sectors, including pharmaceutical, technology and financial services. He also advises on data protection matters relating to employees, including advising on privacy issues arising in the context of pre-employment screening, and strategic advice on data subject access requests.
David has a particular interest in whistleblowing issues.
Representative Legal Matters
Since joining Baker McKenzie, David has worked on a variety of matters including:
- Advising on day-to-day employment law issues across EMEA as part of a number of global employment law retainers.
- Coordinating advice and advising on the UK employment aspects of a global multimillion-pound acquisition of a venture capital firm.
- Advising on the UK employment aspects of a multibillion-pound acquisition of a global pharmaceutical company.
- Defending a cross-jurisdiction discrimination and unfair dismissal claim in the employment tribunal.
Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, David handled a variety of matters including:
- Advising on day-to-day employment law issues across a number of sectors, including financial services, pharmaceutical, media and hospitality.
- Advising a chain of hotels on the employment law aspects of outsourcing services.
- Advising a London embassy on a claim involving discrimination, whistleblowing and unfair dismissal.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Employment Lawyers Association
- United Kingdom (2014)
- University of Law (Legal Practice Course Distinction)
- University of Law (Graduate Diploma Law Commendation)
- University of Lancaster (History & Criminology)
David has been quoted in publications including the Law Gazette and Personnel Today.