Joshua Wolkoff is an associate in the Firm’s North America Intellectual Property Practice Group. He litigates and counsels clients on all aspects of copyright, trademark, and media law, with an emphasis on global brand protection, enforcement and infringement matters. Mr. Wolkoff has particular experience advising clients in the media, entertainment, technology, and fashion and apparel industries. For the past three consecutive years, Mr. Wolkoff has been recognized as a "Rising Star" in the area of intellectual property litigation by Super Lawyers Magazine. Prior to joining Baker McKenzie, Mr. Wolkoff was an associate at a leading entertainment, digital media and intellectual property boutique in New York.
Mr. Wolkoff routinely counsels clients on contentious and non-contentious intellectual property matters, with a particular focus on domestic and international trademark prosecution, copyright and trademark enforcement, and right of publicity matters. He has experience litigating copyright, trademark and media law disputes in state and federal courts, inter partes opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and domain name disputes before the World Intellectual Property Organization. In addition, Mr. Wolkoff is frequently called upon to advise on various intellectual property issues in the context of corporate transactions.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Trademark Association (INTA) - Young Practitioners Committee
- Copyright Society of the U.S.A.
- New York City Bar Association - Trademark and Unfair Competition Committee (2014-2016)
- Media Law Resource Center (MLRC) - Copyright & Trademark Committee (2014-2015)
- New York City Bar Association - Entertainment Law Committee (2011-2014)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit~United States (2013)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey~United States (2012)
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York~United States (2011)
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York~United States (2011)
- New York~United States (2011)
- New Jersey~United States (2010)
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law (J.D.) (2010)
- Rutgers University (B.A.) (2007)