Alex is an Associate in the IPTech team in Baker McKenzie's London office. Alex joined the Firm in March 2018 as a trainee. Prior to turning to law, she completed a degree in Biological Sciences. During her training contract Alex gained experience in the Corporate Energy, Mining and Infrastructure; EU Competition and Trade; and Intellectual Property teams. She was also twice seconded to key clients of the firm, including to a global energy company where she gained experience in consumer law, commerical contracts, marketing and advertising and sponsorship agreements.
Alex has experience in several industry sectors, on a range of contentious and non-contentious aspects of IP law, including trade marks, copyright and patents. She has worked on matters including trade mark and patent registrations, healthcare advisory and regulatory matters, anti-counterfeiting, and copyright and patent disputes. Such work has involved drafting, legal and commercial research, interviewing, organising, negotiating and advising.
Representative Legal Matters
- Part of a litigation team acting for a global personal care product company in relation to a patent dispute.
- Assisting with an application to the Copyright Tribunal regarding music licencing.
- Co-ordinating multi-jurisdictional advice for various companies on a variety of IP / consumer law related matters.
- Assisting with applications to the Company Names Tribunal challenging infringing company names.
- Review of case law and conducting multi-jurisdictional survey with regard to functional claims in antibody patents.
- On-going reviews of new legislation and case law for mutliple tech clients.
- Assisting with regulatory and GDPR analysis for a pharmaceutical company.
- Involvement in a large trade mark recordal project for a global bank.
- Involvement in an arbitration process regarding music rights.
- Involvement in negotiation of licence agreements and co-ordination of related multi-terratorial registrations.
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2020)
- BPP Law School (LLM Legal Practice) (2018)
- BPP Law School (GDL) (2016)
- University of Exeter (Biological Sciences with study abroad) (2015)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.