Rhiannon Williams is a Senior Associate in Baker & McKenzie's Global Energy, Mining and Infrastructure Industry Group and Projects Practice Group, based in London.
Rhiannon has over 10 years of experience working on construction and project development matters and related commercial arrangements across the EMEA region and also the Caribbean.
Rhiannon has been recognised as a "Rising Star" in the Legal 500 2021 directory.
Rhiannon specialises in advising on the development of major energy, mining and infrastructure sector assets, whether on a traditional procurement or PPP, BOT or equivalent basis. Rhiannon also advises on the commercial arrangements relating to such assets.
Rhiannon has a particular specialism in construction both in the UK and on an international basis and the use of the FIDIC suite of contracts.
Rhiannon has worked on a large variety of projects and concessions, including mining and natural resources projects, process plants, ports, airports and more general infrastructure.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Suez, Itochu and the Marguerite Fund on the bid, development and financing of a EUR 300 million 25-year Public-Private Partnership (PPP) to develop a new system to treat the municipal waste of Belgrade, the first project of its kind in the region.
- Advising the project sponsor on a PPP concession of cruise port services and related infrastructure development.
- Advising the Saudi Arabian Mining Company (Ma'aden) on a range of projects including:
- USD 6 billion development of the Wa’ad Al Shamal phosphate resource related process plants and industrial city
- all aspects of the development of its bauxite mine and associated alumina refinery, aluminium smelter and captive power plant complex in Saudi Arabia, with a total project value exceeding USD 11 billion
- Advising project owners, investors and contractors on complex contractual arrangements including PPP / concession agreements, EPC & FIDIC contracts, joint venture arrangements, O&M contracts, offtake and supply contracts, and technology licenses.
- Advising a range of clients on various construction, redevelopment, extensions and refurbishments matters, based on the JCT form of construction contracts in the UK.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of England and Wales - member
- Society of Construction Law - member
- International Project Finance Association - member
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (2011)
- College of Law (LLB Hons (First Class) (Graduate Diploma in Law and Legal Practice Course)) (2009)
- University of Oxford (Brasenose College) (MA in Modern History) (2007)