Lauren is an Associate in the Employment department of Baker McKenzie's London office. She joined Baker & McKenzie LLP as a trainee in September 2015. She subsequently qualified as an associate and was admitted as a Solicitor of England and Wales in September 2017. As part of her training contract, Lauren spent time in the Employment, Pensions, IT / Commercial and Corporate Finance departments.
Lauren advises clients on both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters across a wide variety of sectors, including retail, technology, media, banking and financial services. Lauren assists with employment-related disputes, provides day-to-day general counsel support on employment queries and also co-ordinates global employment projects.
Representative Legal Matters
Since joining the Employment Group, Lauren has worked on a variety of matters including:
- providing a wide variety of day-to-day employment advice under a retainer with a global payment processing company including disciplinary proceedings, redundancies, grievances and sickness absence
- acting for a global health and beauty retailer and pharmacy chain in High Court proceedings seeking an injunction against a former employee in relation to a restrictive covenant dispute
- coordinating and conducting employment-related due diligence for a financial services technology company on its acquisition of a financial risk and business analytics solutions business covering 25 jurisdictions
- assisting a UK-based private hire taxi company in defending worker status claims in the Employment Tribunal
- advising a global technology company on all aspects of GDPR compliance from an employment perspective
- acting for a multinational banking and financial services corporation in responding to a claim from a former employee for breach of discrimination legislation in the Employment Tribunal
- advising on day-to-day employment issues under a retainer with a global fashion retailer including queries on family leave, misconduct disciplinary proceedings, recruitment, flexible working and employee working hours
- conducting employment-related due diligence on the acquisition of a UK financial risk management company and advising on post-completion implementation steps in the UK, including settlement agreements and new employment terms for key employees
- providing day-to-day employment advice for a UK based insurance and reinsurance market, including drafting settlement agreements in connection with a redundancy exercise
- acting for a global fashion retailer in respect of a claim for discrimination by a former employee
Professional Associations and Memberships
Law Society of England & Wales
- England & Wales (2017)
- University of Law (Legal Practice Course) (2015)
- University of Birmingham (Graduate Diploma in Law) (2013)
- University of Liverpool (English and Philosophy) (2012)
Baker & McKenzie LLP, an English partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.