Lien Willems is a senior associate in the Corporate Finance Practice Group in the Brussels office. She joined Baker McKenzie in 2016 and did a secondment in the Chicago office in 2022.
Lien advises both domestic as well as international clients on corporate finance matters, covering Belgian and cross-border M&A transactions, corporate reorganizations and restructurings, group (cross-border and domestic) relocation, simplification integration projects, buy-outs, private equity, venture capital transactions as well as general corporate compliance and governance matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised Baloise on its acquisitions of the non-life insurance portfolio (from Athora) and Fidea NV.
- Advised M80 on its acquisitions of Theuma, Anywaydoors and Portapivot as well as Spantech.
- Advised Colruyt family's investment firm, Korys, on its acquisition of Newpharma.
- Advised Property Reserve, Inc. on its acquisition of premises in Brussels and ongoing corporate maintenance assistance afterwards.
- Advised Carglass on the sale of Care Carrosserie to Standard Investment.
- Advised Aberdeen Asset Management on the sale of the companies holding the Espace Orban properties in Brussels.
- Advised Nova Reperta on the acquisition of a stake in Nova Reperta by Ardian.
- Advised on the integration of Baxalta and Shire into Takeda in Belgium.
- Advised on the integration of Bard into Becton Dickinson in Belgium.
- Advised on the integration of TNT into FedEx (project Enterprise (2018) and project LEES (2022)).
- Several experience in other corporate reorganizations such as Godiva, Sony, AbbVie, Abbott Laboratories, VF Corporation and Mastercard.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- KULeuven - Teaching assistant at the law faculty (2016-2021)
- Brussels~Belgium (2016)
- Katholieke Universiteit Leuven (Law Degree) (2016)
- King's College London (Exchange Program) (2015)