Simone Weinfurtner is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Dispute Resolution Practice Group in Frankfurt. She joined the Firm in 2020, after having completed her legal traineeship at the Hanseatic Higher Regional Court of Hamburg. During the legal traineeship, Simone worked at the Federal Ministry of Interior in Berlin, the German Embassy in Costa Rica and at a renowned law firm in Hamburg. Prior to this, she also worked as research assistant for an international law firm in Hamburg. Simone studied at Bucerius Law School in Hamburg, with a focus on international trade law, and at the Pontificial Catholic University of Argentina in Buenos Aires.
Simone advises clients on international arbitration and litigation matters with a focus on IP-related disputes, Post M&A disputes and construction disputes.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represents the Swiss license partner of a luxury car manufacturer in a dispute with its joint venture partner about the development and production of luxury sport cars (amount in dispute EUR 5 million).
- Advises a multinational manufacturer of technical gases in a DIS arbitration regarding damages resulting from defective performance by its supplier in a refinery project (amount in dispute EUR 8 million).
Professional Associations and Memberships
- German Institution of Arbitration (DIS) - Member
- Young Arbitrators' Initiative 40 (DIS 40) - Member
- Bucerius Alumni e.V. - Member
- Germany (2021)
- Hanseatic Higher Regional Court of Hamburg (Second State Exam) (2020)
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg (First State Exam) (2017)
- Bucerius Law School, Hamburg (LL.B.) (2016)
- Pontificia Universidad Católica Argentina, Buenos Aires (Exchange) (2014)
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.