Vit Vatanayothin, a member of the Firm’s Financial Services Division, works mainly on banking and finance law. Mr. Vatanayothin is fluent in all aspects of financial transactions. He joined Baker McKenzie in 1991 and became a partner in 2000.
Vatanayothin represents banks, financial institutions, investment banks and institutional clients in major project financing in Thailand for a wide range of projects — including investments in the real estate, power, petrochemical, heavy industry and telecommunications sectors. He also acts for clients in debt restructuring, refinancing, real estate finance and regulatory matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a group of Thai syndicated lenders with respect to the back-end equity injection and support arrangement and project financing for a domestic power project.
- Acted for international banks in relation to the sale and acquisition of non-performing loan portfolios.
- Acted for a telecommunications company with respect to the redemption of USD180 million, 8.483% Senior Secured Notes Due 2011, by a loan from a Thai bank.
- Represented developers and financial institutions in relation to the financing of residential, serviced apartment and retail projects.
- Advised an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services on the permits, licenses and corporate structure required for implementation of a CDM project in Thailand.
- Advised international banks on various legal aspects of electronic banking in Thailand.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of Thailand
- Taipei Bar Association
- Thailand (1991)
- Southern Methodist University (LL.M.) (1991)
- Chulalongkorn University (LL.B.) (1989)
Baker & McKenzie Ltd. is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.