Wouter is a senior associate and experienced tax lawyer who regularly advises multinational enterprises on Dutch national and international tax law. He has extensive experience in design and implementation of cross-border restructurings, investment structures, mergers and acquisitions, APA/ATR-advice and general tax advice for multinationals.
Wouter started his career at Baker McKenzie in 2015. In 2019, he left the Firm to work as a flight attendant for KLM Royal Dutch Airlines and worked for some time at a major Dutch law firm. He rejoined Baker McKenzie in 2022.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised an ad-hoc group of noteholders on a USD 2 billion debt restructuring with a major Dutch creditor in the energy sector
- Advised on the design and implementation of an IP on-shoring restructuring of a large US multinational, including relevant tax rulings
- Advised a US investment fund (USD 2 billion asset value) with respect to a restructuring at (US) shareholder level in relation to changes in Dutch dividend withholding tax law. Obtained an Advance Tax Ruling from the Dutch tax authorities confirming the Dutch tax aspects of the new structure
- Advised a French (private) real estate investor (EUR 7 billion asset value) with respect to a restructuring at shareholder level, involving a.o. the Netherlands, France, Germany and Spain
- Advised on multiple M&A deals, including SPA negotiations and W&I policy negotiations from a tax perspective
Professional Associations and Memberships
Dutch Association of Tax Advisors (NOB)
- Amsterdam~Netherlands (2021)
- University of Amsterdam (Master of Law, International and European Tax Law) (2015)
- University of Amsterdam (Master of Law, Civil Law) (2015)