Olivier Van Baelen is a counsel in the Tax Practice Group in the Brussels office.
Before joining Baker McKenzie in 2017, Olivier started his career in a leading multinational professional services firm as an indirect taxes consultant. He then joined a leading Belgian taxation law firm, where he gained a decade of experience in indirect taxes, real estate taxation, and tax litigation.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted with multiple due diligence and acquisition structuring projects.
- Assisted several leading sports betting companies with VAT-related issues.
- Defended a leading US travel commerce platform in a VAT litigation.
- Advised companies in the healthcare, real estate, financial and insurance sector with VAT-related issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- International Fiscal Association (IFA), Belgian branch - Member
- Brussels~Belgium (2007)
- University of Leuven (Post-Graduate Tax degree) (2004)
- Université Catholique de Louvain (Law degree) (2003)
- Université Saint-Louis (Canadian law degree) (2000)