Tetsuo Tsujimoto is a partner in the Firm's Corporate/M&A Practice Group in Tokyo and has more than 10 years of legal experience working in Japan. He co-authored various articles and publications, including the M&A Handbook on Conducting Business Practically. He was seconded to the Firm's Chicago office and Sydney office between 2011 and 2012.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented a major Japanese electronics company in its acquisition of a private company in Europe.
- Represented a major Japanese electronics company in its acquisition of a private company in Thailand.
- Represented a major Japanese electronic component manufacturing company in its public takeover of another electronic component manufacturing company.
- Represented a major private equity firm in its MBOs of Japanese companies; counseled the same private equity firm concerning the formation of investment fund and various operations matters thereof.
- Represented Recruit Holdings in its acquisition of ASX-listed Chandler Macleod Group Limited and private equity owned Peoplebank Holdings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Japan Federation of Bar Associations - Member
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- New York~United States (2011)
- Japan (2003)
- University of California at Los Angeles (LLM) (2010)
- Legal Research & Training Institute of Supreme Court of Japan (2003)
- The University of Tokyo (LLB) (2000)
Co-author, “Disclosures concerning Tender Offers,” Commentary on the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, Volume 1, Chapter 2-2, Kinzai, April 2011
Co-author, M&A Handbook on Conducting Business Practically, Chuokeizai-sha, June 2010, Language: Japanese
Co-author, TOB Handbook, Nikkei Business Publications, January 2007, Language: Japanese
Co-author, Post-Merger Integration: Making a Merger Work, Chuokeizai-sha, May 2006, Language: Japanese
Author, “Review on how the Tohoku Disaster will affect MAC Clauses in M&A Transactions,” MARR, RECOF, May 2011