Fernando has 27 years of experience as a litigator and has been a partner in the Firm since 1996. A member of Baker McKenzie’s Litigation Practice Group in Monterrey, he has spoken at various seminars relating to judicial procedure in commercial and civil matters, respect to damages, moral damage, punitive damages and conventional penalties and has also delivered lectures on commercial law at the Universidad Cervantina A.C. in Monterrey. Is an active member of the Asociacion Nacional de Abogados de Empresa.
Representative Legal Matters
- Participating in commercial litigation practices representing an automobile parts company sued on account of defective products.
- Representing various credit institutions in the execution of trusts and credit agreements.
- Promoting the execution of sentences entered abroad and arising from construction and real estate agreements.
- Requesting the compliance of various contractual clauses.
- Represented clients in commercial proceedings in response to claims filed for damages, moral damage, punitive damages.
- Advised clients in the execution of agreements entered into in mediation procedures.
- Represented real estate developers for damage to their properties.
- Represented clients in the automotive industry in contractual indemnification proceedings.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Camara Nacional de Comercio
- Colegio de Abogados de Monterrey
- Colegio de Jurisprudencia
- Mexico (1990)
- Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon (M.C.L., Honors) (1989)
- Co-author, “New Amparo Law.”
- Co-author, "The new concept of punitive damages in Mexico."
- Co-author, "Oral Commercial Proceedings."
- Co-author, "Analysis of the New Domain Extinction Law."
- Co-author, "The Leasing Agreements against COVID-19 Force Majeure Clause."