Mariana is a lawyer from National University of Colombia, with experience in National and International Commercial Arbitration, Investment Arbitration, Intellectual Property, Patent Law and Private Law. She is a former visiting scholar in Purdue University, Indiana, working on a project related with Patent Information all around the world, and a former Auxiliary Judicial Official in one of the Civil Circuit Courts of Bogota, Colombia. She was a finalist of the Fifth Competition of Jurisprudential Analysis organized by Asociación Cavelier del Derecho and the National University of Colombia, a member of the team which won the VII International Moot Court on Commercial Arbitration, and a member of the team which won the II Moot Court on International Investment Arbitration.
Mariana focuses her practice in dispute resolution, supporting the Firm's procedures in private law and administrative law before the Colombian Courts. Also, she supports National and International arbitration procedures.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Young Arbitrators Forum of the International Chamber of Commerce,
- Young ICCA (International Council for Commercial Arbitration),
- Red de Arbitraje Juvenil de la Cámara de Comercio de Bogotá,
- COLVYAP - Colombia Very Young Arbitration Practitioners
- Former member of the group National and International Arbitration from the National University of Colombia.
- National University of Colombia (Law Degree) (2018)
Baker & McKenzie S.A.S., is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein