Bee Leay Teo practices mainly in the areas of banking, finance and securities. She also handles legal matters related to corporate law. Ms. Teo received her LL.B. from the University of Kent in Canterbury, U.K. in 1992 and earned her LL.M. in international banking law and finance from the Boston University, School of Law in Massachusetts, USA. She was admitted to the London Utter Bar in 1993, the New York State Bar in 1995 and the Singapore Bar in 1996. Ms. Teo is a member of the New York State Bar Association and The Honourable Society of Middle Temple in England.
Ms. Teo advises foreign and domestic banks on local laws and regulatory issues, as well as corporate entities on financing structures. She also prepares and helps negotiate credit facilities agreements, collateral agreements, factoring agreements, leasing agreements and project financing agreements. Her securities practice includes providing regulatory advice on investments in the ROC securities market and offering or private placement of securities in the ROC. She also advises on regulatory matters concerning securities brokerage firms, securities dealers, securities investment consulting enterprises and securities investment trust enterprises. Ms. Teo likewise handles general corporate law matters, including preparing and negotiating joint venture agreements, technology transfer agreements, share purchase agreements, asset transfer agreements, distribution agreements and licensing agreements.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acted for Bank of China (Hong Kong) Ltd. and The Shanghai Commercial and Savings Bank, Ltd. with respect to the grant of USD65 million term loan facilities to Sino Gain Limited with EVA Airways Corporation as guarantor, to finance the purchase of two Boeing Aircraft.
- Acted for ING Bank, N.V., Taipei Branch with respect to the grant of TWD376 million limited recourse credit facilities to GE Money Taiwan, Limited for financing of machinery and equipment to be on leased by GE Money Taiwan, Limited, and act for ING Bank N.V., Taipei Branch and ABN AMRO Bank N.V., Taipei Branch with respect to the restructuring of limited recourse credit facilities which was assigned by GE Money Taiwan, Limited to Equvo Pte. Ltd.
- Acted for Mega International Commercial Bank in the grant of TWD15,000 million syndicated credit facilities to Longreach entities and Orix entity to finance the purchase of common shares and convertible preferred shares of Entie Commercial Bank.
- Acted as counsel to Asia Pacific Land Ltd. with respect to the purchase of three commercial buildings in Taipei from Capmark entities and the financing obtained for the purchase of such buildings.
- Acted as lenders’ counsel for Bank of Taiwan with respect to the grant of TWD11,000 million term loan facility to S.A.C. PEI Taiwan Holdings B.V. to finance the purchase of convertible bonds and preferred shares issued by Cosmos Bank.
- Acted for Standard Chartered Bank in relation to the integration of Standard Chartered Bank and Hsinchu International Bank, which includes conducting reviews of the entire banking and consumer banking transaction files, providing advice on legal requirements and procedure on transfer of assets and integrating standard bank transaction documents of both banks.
- Acted as counsel for PresiCarre in connection with the conduct of sale of credit card accounts, installment loans and personal loans by Cetelem Bank through bidding and selection process and in relation to the cooperation between PresiCarre and successful winner, Union Bank of Taiwan.
- Acted as lenders’ counsel for Mega International Commercial Bank and syndicate lenders with respect to the grant of TWD15,200 million credit facilities to Newbridge affiliates to finance the purchase of preferred shares issued by Taishin Financial Holding Company.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Singapore (1996)
- New York~United States (1995)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1993)
- Boston University (Bachelor of Business Administration) (1995)
- Boston University (LL.M.) (1994)
- University of Kent at Canterbury (LL.B.) (1992)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.