Bee Leay Teo
Baker & McKenzie
Not admitted to practice law in this jurisdiction
As a partner of the Taipei office and banking and finance practice group, Bee Leay has over twenty years of experience in her areas of practice. Her banking and finance practice include advising international financial institutions and multinationals on financing structures, syndicated credit facilities, trade finance, acquisition finance, project finance, structured finance, aircraft and assets finance, real estate finance, derivative products and transactions, documentary credits, retail banking, financial restructuring and financial regulations.
Bee Leay's practice focuses on Banking and Finance, Corporate Commercial, and Real Estate.
Representative Legal Matters
Banking and Finance
- Acted as lenders’ counsel for Bank of Taiwan and syndicated banks in the grant of a NTD 10.725 billion term loan facility to S.A.C. PEI Taiwan Holdings B.V. to finance the purchase of convertible bonds and preferred shares issued by Cosmos Bank.
- Acted as lenders’ counsel for Mega International Commercial Bank and syndicate lenders in the grant of NTD 15.2 billion in credit facilities to Newbridge affiliates to finance the purchase of preferred shares issued by Taishin Financial Holding Company.
- Acted as lenders' counsel for Mega International Commercial Bank and syndicated banks in the grant of NTD 14.97 billion in credit facilities to Longreach entities and Orix entity to finance the purchase of common shares and convertible preferred shares of Entie Commercial Bank.
- Acted for GSlide Corporation and its major shareholders in the sale of stocks to Knape & Vogt Manufacturing Company, a Michigan company and investment by such major shareholders in K&V GR Holdings, Inc., a Delaware company.
- Acted for Infinity Clean Air Development Limited in the sale and purchase of emission reductions with E.ON Carbon Sourcing GmbH, The Kansai Electric Power Company and EDF Trading Limited, separately.
- Acted as counsel to Asia Pacific Land Ltd. with respect to the purchase three commercial buildings in Taipei from Capmark entities and the financing of such purchase.
- Acted as counsel for Taishin International Bank with respect to the grant of a NTD 5.65 billion term loan facility to Zeeland Investment Ltd. for the purchase of three commercial buildings in Neihu District, Taipei.
- Acted as counsel to Claremont Partners (formerly known as Amazing Ltd.) in connection with the purchase of county government owned land and privately owned land in Penghu Islands for hotel/resort development.
- Named Notable Practitioner by Chambers Asia-Pacific (2022)
- Named Leading Individual by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific (2022)
- Named Leading Lawyer – Notable Practitioner by IFLR1000 (2020)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- New York State Bar Association
- The Honorable Society of Middle Temple in England
- Corporate Social Responsibility Partner
- Initiated and led a Baker McKenzie Asia-Pacific Regional Pro Bono project to support World Vision's 'End Persons in Trafficking Program' by producing a legal guide in which 8 of our Firm's offices from across the region contributed.
- Singapore (1996)
- New York~United States (1995)
- England & Wales~United Kingdom (1993)
- Boston University (LL.M.) (1994)
- University of Kent at Canterbury (LL.B.) (1992)
Baker & McKenzie, a Taiwanese Partnership, is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Swiss Verein.