Rebecca has extensive experience advising and providing commercially strategic advice on complex acquisitions, disposals and lease negotiations across various asset classes including industrial, commercial office, retail, hotels and residential.
Rebecca is also highly experienced in the hospitality and tourism space and has negotiated and advised clients on hotel management agreements for standalone hotels and hotels in mixed use developments located across Asia Pacific, Middle East and Europe.
She works closely with other practitioners to provide advice on real estate due diligence, land use arrangements, mortgagor default issues and easement / access rights.
Rebecca has acted for a range of institutional clients, including domestic and foreign real estate investment trusts, fund managers, sovereign wealth funds, corporations, developers and private equity groups.
Representative Legal Matters
- Acting for BGC on the dual sale of Aloft Perth and Westin Perth.
- Acting for various confidential foreign and local property funds in respect of the sale and purchase of A-grade commercial office buildings located in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth.
- Acting for DealCorp on the negotiation of management agreement for Australia's first The Standard Hotel.
- Acting for a confidential client on the negotiation of the management agreement with a prestigious luxury operator for a 5-star luxury hotel project within a AUD 2+ billion mixed use development in Melbourne, Australia.
- Acting for a confidential client with respect to their proposed acquisition of land parcels in Queensland for the development of a solar farm.
- Providing real estate due diligence advice with respect to the relevant access rights and tenure for an electricity power plant.
- Advising Hewlett-Packard Enterprise Australia on their national leasing portfolio and other real estate requirements.
- Advising an Australian REIT on their national leasing portfolio comprising of a mix of industrial and commercial assets with a total book value of AUD 1.8 billion.
- Advising various leading manufacturers of different sectors, such as Axalta and Goodman Fielder, in relation to their warehouse distribution requirements, including negotiating agreements for lease and leases.
- Acting for ALDI with respect to their leasing portfolio and advising on liquor licensing and FIRB-related issues.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Society of New South Wales - Member
- Law Society of New South Wales Young Lawyers - Member
- Barangaroo Women's Network - Member
- ANREV - Member
- New South Wales~Australia (2015)
- Australian National University (LLM) (2014)
- University of Sydney (LLB BSc) (2012)
- Regular contributor, Baker McKenzie's Hotels, Resorts & Tourism Newsletter
- Contributor, Australian Property Law Bulletin