Kim Tan is proficient in domestic and cross-border (solvent) corporate reorganizations including the establishment of new corporate structures. He also regularly advises on the notarial aspects of M&A, Private Equity and Capital Markets transactions as well as Dutch corporate governance issues.
Kim and his team have worked on multiple reorganisations and transactions for US headquartered multi-nationals with significant European operations. He is familiar with the objectives behind such reorganizations and transactions as well as the successful management of local law implementation issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advised a US chemical company on a supply chain restructuring covering all major European countries.
- Advised a US food company on a European supply chain restructuring.
- Advised a NYSE-listed manufacturing company on an internal restructuring involving 22 countries.
- Advised a leading electronics and entertainment company on its global integration following the establishment of a joint venture with a listed German media company.
- Advised a NASDAQ-listed technology company on various cross-border post-acquisition integrations.
- Advised a US-based pharmaceutical company on a multijurisdictional post-acquisition integration.
- Advised a US based pharmaceutical company on the separation and spin-off of its research-based pharmaceutical business.
- Advised a multinational technology company in connection with a multibillion dollar stock purchase transaction.
- Regularly advises on cross-border listings involving Dutch corporate structures.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dutch Royal Notarial Association (Koninklijke Notariële Beroepsorganisatie)
- Amsterdam Legal Association (Amsterdams Juridisch Genootschap)
- Dutch Commercial Law Association (Vereniging Handelsrecht)
- Civil Law Notary~Netherlands (1999)
- University of Leiden (Civil Notarial Law) (1998)
- Queen Mary & Westfield College (1998)
- Kim Tan regularly speaks at workshops and seminars about corporate reorganizations and managing business transformation processes.
- Kim wrote an article for the Practical Laywer and presented a webinar titled “Choosing a solid base for doing business in Europe” both for ALI-ABA (American Law Institute - American Bar Association).
- Kim is a co-author of “International Asset Transfer - a practitioner’s handbook” published by De Gruyter.
- Kim is a co-author of an article on Business Transformations published in De Bedrijfsjurist.