Sarah Swain is a member of the Firm's Global Real Estate Practice Group in San Francisco. Her work primarily involves commercial real estate transactions. Prior to joining the Real Estate Practice Group, Sarah worked with the Firm's North America talent management team for eight years.
Representative Legal Matters
- Assisted with advice to a luxury fashion retailer and supported the transfer of approximately 250 leases, in connection with its global reorganization.
- Assisted with ongoing leasing advice to a global marketing services provider, in connection with its US properties.
- Supported the preparation of financing documentation in connection with the bankruptcy restructuring of two oil & gas companies, valued at USD 2.25 billion.
- Supported the construction of multiple US retail stores for one of Europe’s largest grocery chains, valued at more than USD 400 million.
- Supported the closing of a joint venture agreement with a large US commercial real estate developer for mixed-use development of a vacant 62-acre parcel in Chicago, with projected development costs estimated at USD 3.9 billion.
- Assisted with advice to a leading integrated retailer in connection with the transfer of 69 of its properties into a real estate investment trust, as part of a larger transaction involving the transfer of 235 of its properties valued at approximately USD 2.3 billion.
- Assisted with advice to a luxury hotel owner for the defeasance of a first mortgage and closing of a new USD 65 million mortgage loan for a resort in Mexico and for the USD 454 million refinancing of three luxury hotels in the United States.
- Supported global real estate coordination efforts for the separation of a global information technology company into two independent, industry-leading companies.
- Illinois~United States (2014)
- John Marshall Law School (JD) (2014)
- Tufts University (BA English) (2002)