Michio Suzuki is a senior associate in the Firm's Antitrust/Competition and Corporate/M&A groups in Tokyo. Michio's practice focuses on antitrust and competition law (merger control, cartels and distribution), and banking and finance law (structured finance, project finance, securitization, trusts and financial regulations). He is fluent in English and French.
Michio has extensive experience advising Japanese and foreign companies on merger control aspects of M&A transactions, cartel investigations by competition authorities and associated civil litigation, antitrust and competition law compliance, as well as banking and finance transactions, including structured finance and project finance.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented Japanese and foreign companies in an international and domestic cartel investigation across a wide range of industries, including electric wiring, automotive products and services and electronic components.
- Represented a number of Japanese and foreign companies in multijurisdictional merger control matters, including complex cases involving remedies.
- Advised Japanese and foreign companies on regulatory compliance in the context of antitrust and competition law as well as distribution regulations.
- Represented Japanese and foreign financial institutions in various banking and finance transactions, including structured finance and project finance.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tokyo Bar Association - Member
- Japan (2007)
- New York University School of Law (LLM) (2012)
- Keio University (LLM) (2005)
- Keio University (LLB) (2003)