In addition to pharma, biotech, medical device, diagnostics, and technology companies, Randy advises private equity, venture capital, and investment banking firms. Randy counsels on alternative ﬁnancing arrangements such as royalty monetizations. He also handles technical contractual arrangements for drug discovery, development, manufacturing and supply, marketing and co-promotion, and outsourcing in the life sciences industry.
Additionally, he advises boards of directors and signiﬁcant shareholders on disclosure issues, corporate communications policies, and ﬁduciary duty matters. He serves clients throughout Europe and Asia, and across the United States.
Randy's wealth of global life sciences experience draws many invitations to speak at industry events worldwide. He has spoken on such topics as mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances, and licensing and collaboration transactions in the United States at Allicense, BIO and LES annual meetings; in Canada a tBIOMedex; and in China at BIO Forum; as well as at other life sciences–related conferences. He has also been a guest lecturer at the Rutgers Business School MBA Biotechnology Commercialization Concentration.
Representative Legal Matters
Prior to joining the Firm, Randy provided counsel to:
- Incyte in its agreement with Foundation Medicine for the development, regulatory support and commercialization of companion diagnostics, with an initial focus on CDx development for Incyte’s selective FGFR1/2/3 inhibitor in patients with cholangiocarcinoma.
Amarin in its collaboration agreement with Mochida Pharmaceutical for the development and commercialization of drug products based on the omega-3 acid, EPA, to treat patients at risk of cardiovascular disease.
Merck KGaA in its novel risk-sharing collaboration agreement with SFJ Pharmaceuticals for development of Merck’s abituzumab as a first-line treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer in combination with Erbitux® and chemotherapy.
AstraZeneca in the co-development agreement between its subsidiary, Pearl Therapeutics, and Avillion for the global advancement of Pearl Therapeutics’ PT027, a treatment for asthma.
Radius Health in its license and development agreement with Teijin relating to abaloparatide-SC in Japan.
Shire in its agreement with Novimmune granting Shire exclusive worldwide rights to develop, manufacture and commercialize novel bispecific antibodies for the treatment of hemophilia A.
Takeda in its collaboration agreement with Cardurion Pharma.
Teva in connection with its USD 40.5 billion acquisition of Allergan’s worldwide generic pharmaceutical business.
Novo Nordisk in licensing and intellectual property matters related to the acquisition of Calibrium LLC and MB2 LLC
GSK in the formation of the Altius Institute for Biomedical Sciences, an independent, nonprofit research institute, in Seattle, Washington, to be led by Dr. John A. Stamatoyannopoulos.
- Band 1, Corporate/M&A, New Jersey, Chambers USA, 2018
- Ranked, Life Sciences: Corporate/Commercial, Nationwide, Chambers USA, 2018
- Ranked, Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2006, 2008–2017
- Recommended, Healthcare: Life Sciences, The Legal 500 US, 2013–2017
- Recommended in Life Sciences Commercial and Partnering, PLC Which Lawyer? Yearbook, 2008
- Recommended in Life Sciences Commercial and Partnering by PLC Cross-border Life Sciences Handbook, 2007/2008
- Recommended, Industry focus: Healthcare: life sciences; Recommended, Intellectual property: Patents: licensing, The Legal 500 US, 2018
- Listed, New Jersey Super Lawyers, 2005–2009
- Recipient, Philadelphia Business Journal Inaugural Life Sciences Award for Best Consultant (Later Stage), 2010
- Life Sciences Star, Financial and Corporate, LMG Life Sciences, 2012–2018
- Listed, Law360 Life Sciences MVP, 2014
- Listed, Law360 Healthcare MVP, 2012
- Recognized, Life Sciences, Who’s Who Legal, 2016, 2018
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association - Member, Business Law Section
- New Jersey~United States
- Missouri~United States
- New York~United States
- Pennsylvania~United States
- New York University School of Law (JD) (1982)
- Yale University (BA) (1977)