Dora Stilianos is a partner in the Commercial Real Estate team at Baker McKenzie, Melbourne. Dora has an extensive property practice, with a focus on development work, acquisitions, dispositions and leasing for commercial, industrial, retail and rural property. She leads an exceptional off the plan residential development team and skilfully navigates the real property aspects of large scale corporate transactions.
As a Best Lawyer in Real Property Law, Australian Financial Review's Best Lawyers: Australia, 2019 and former "Victorian Young Property Lawyer of the Year" (2008), Dora is an outstanding property lawyer with exceptional client service delivery.
Dora advises investors, superannuation funds, developers, administrators, financiers, and corporations in all aspects of commercial property transactions. She expertly conducts extensive due diligences, advises on property issues arising from acquisitions and dispositions of large scale property transactions, and prepares and negotiates commercial contracts of sale. Dora also advises statutory corporations and government entities regarding the sale and development of Crown land. She has extensive experience in all aspects of commercial leasing including development of purpose-built facilities and negotiating major agreements for lease. Dora advises property developers in relation to mixed use and residential off the plan developments, subdivisions and redevelopments including FIRB related issues.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising Cbus Property on the development and sale of Collins Arch, 435 Collins Street, Melbourne, including negotiation of the sale of the proposed 5 Star Hotel sold off the plan to the Hotel Operator's specifications and 210 luxury residential apartments.
- Advising SachsenFonds Australian Property Investment on the sale of the vendor's joint leasehold interest in 161 Collins Street, Melbourne.
- Advising Cbus Property on its acquisition of an industrial park, including all subsequent redevelopment, agreements for lease and leases for purpose built facilities such as Masters Home Improvement store, new district headquarters for Country Fire Authority, Westpac and commercial leasing for a leading bank.
- Advising Southern Cross Station Authority on sale of land and air space for the development of The Age head office, being a high-rise building over rail adjoining the Collins Street Bridge at Southern Cross Station.
- Negotiation of head office leases, fitout/incentive deeds and car parking licences for corporate clients.
- Advising a leading waste management company in Australia on complicated staged development, construction and lease of purpose-built custom waste recycling facility.
- Advising Cbus Property on all high quality luxury residential and mixed use developments in Melbourne, including 35 Spring Street, Holme in Collingwood, Volaire Apartments in West Melbourne, Assembly Apartments North Melbourne, The Warleigh in Brighton, 4 Cromwell Street in South Yarra and the Herald Weekly Times Apartments.
- Negotiation and management of commercial, industrial and retail lease portfolios Australia wide.
- Advising Lanteri Group on the disposition and property structuring advice on the sale and leaseback of its viticultural property portfolio across Victoria and New South Wales, including the sale of associated water rights and licences.
- Best Lawyer in Real Property Law, Australian Financial Review's Best Lawyers: Australia, 2019
- Recommended lawyer, Asia Pacific Legal 500, 2018
- Victorian Young Property Lawyer of the Year, 2008 (Awarded by the Property Law Group of the Law Council of Australia in recognition of demonstrated excellence in the provision of client service, academic and practical abilities and outstanding contribution to the field and practice of property law.)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Law Institute of Victoria - Member
- Property Council of Victoria - Member
- Property Council of Victoria - Member
- Victoria~Australia (2003)
- RMIT (Graduate Certificate Environment & Planning) (2005)
- Deakin University (Bachelor of Commerce) (2001)
- Deakin University (LLB, Honors) (2001)