Representative Legal Matters
- Advising and representing a global consumer goods manufacturer in antitrust and distribution law matters relating to the set-up, implementation and enforcement of a Pan-European selective distribution system.
- Advising an internationally operating fashion company on all contract, franchise and distribution law matters in Europe such as the implementation of the client's selective distribution and franchise system; assisting in relation to the negotiation of dealer contracts, logistics contracts and other commercial contracts.
- Representing a global sporting goods company in preceding before the German Federal Cartel Office and in court proceedings in relation to its selective distribution system.
- Advising an international medical device company on and negotiation of a global supply and service agreement from a commercial and competition law perspective.
- Drafting and negotiation of complex research and development agreements for a company specialized in security printing.
- Commercial Contracts, Chambers Europe 2021
- Leading individual in trade and distribution: trade, distribution and logistics, Legal 500 Europe 2021
- Top 100 Business Lawyer in Germany, Kanzleimonitor 2020/2021
- One of the eleven top-rated notable practitioners in Commercial Contracts in Germany, Chambers Europe 2020
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Frequently recommended for distribution law, JUVE Handbook on German Commercial Law Firms
- The Best Lawyers in Germany 2022 edition for Competition / Antitrust Law since 2018
- Germany (2000)
- Golden Gate University (LL.M. International Legal Studies) (2000)
- District Court Darmstadt, Germany (Assessor Exam) (1999)
- Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg (Referendar Exam) (1997)
- Co-author (with Ingmar Oltmanns, Julia Kaufmann, Ulf Wauschkuhn and Johannes Teichmann), "Umsetzung der Warenkaufrichtlinie: Geplante Änderungen des BGB zur Regelung des Verkaufs von Sachen mit digitalen Elementen und anderer Aspekte des Kaufvertrags," Client Alert, February 2021
- Co-author (with Ingmar Oltmanns, Julia Kaufmann, Ulf Wauschkuhn and Johannes Teichmann), "Implementation of the Directive (EU) 2019/771 on the sale of goods: Upcoming amendments to the German Civil Code governing the sale of goods with digital elements and other aspects of sales contracts," Client Alert, February 2021
- Author, "Lieferausfälle: Wer zahlt?" (Supply failures: Who pays?), Check Up Back.Business, April 18, 2020
- Author, "Lieferausfälle durch Corona: (K)ein Fall von Force Majeure?" (Supply failures due to Corona - (no) case of force majeure?), Legal Tribune Online, March 18, 2020
- Co-author (with Brigitte Estner), "Absage von Veranstaltungen wegen des Coronavirus - wer zahlt? (Cancellation of events due to the Corona virus - who pays?), Betriebsberater 2020, 852
Managing Director: Dr. Matthias Scholz
Baker McKenzie Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern is registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main (registered seat) HRB 123975. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.