Katharina Spenner is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Munich office and a member of the Firm's Steering Committee of the EMEA International Commercial & Trade Practice Group. She joined the Firm's Frankfurt office in 2000 and transferred to the Munich office in 2004. She was seconded to the Amsterdam office for eight months in 2003. Katharina previously worked as a freelancer in the legal department of Lufthansa Cargo AG from 1997 to 1999. She has written several commentaries on competition and distribution law and regularly delivers presentations and workshops on topics related to distribution and competition law.
Katharina advises clients engaged in all industries and services on all issues related to commercial law, in particular, national, European and international distribution law and competition law. She is specialized in assisting clients as regards the set up and implementation of their distribution systems in particular selective distribution systems, and advises in relation to internet sales activities. She also provides advice to companies with respect to general contract law and compliance issues including the performance of compliance trainings and audits.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising and representing a global consumer goods manufacturer in antitrust and distribution law matters relating to the set-up, implementation and enforcement of a Pan-European selective distribution system.
- Advising an internationally operating fashion company on all contract, franchise and distribution law matters in Europe such as the implementation of the client's selective distribution and franchise system; assisting in relation to the negotiation of dealer contracts, logistics contracts and other commercial contracts.
- Representing a global sporting goods company in preceding before the German Federal Cartel Office and in court proceedings in relation to its selective distribution system.
- Advising an international medical device company on and negotiation of a global supply and service agreement from a commercial and competition law perspective.
- Drafting and negotiation of complex research and development agreements for a company specialized in security printing.
- Commercial Contracts, Chambers Europe 2021
- Leading individual in trade and distribution: trade, distribution and logistics, Legal 500 Europe 2021
- Germany’s Best Lawyers for antitrust and competition law, Handelsblatt 2018 - 2020
- Top 100 Business Lawyer in Germany, Kanzleimonitor 2020/2021
- One of the eleven top-rated notable practitioners in Commercial Contracts in Germany, Chambers Europe 2020
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Frequently recommended for distribution law, JUVE Handbook on German Commercial Law Firms.
- Germany (2000)
- Golden Gate University (LL.M. International Legal Studies) (2000)
- District Court Darmstadt, Germany (Assessor Exam) (1999)
- Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg (Referendar Exam) (1997)
- Co-author (with Ingmar Oltmanns, Julia Kaufmann, Ulf Wauschkuhn and Johannes Teichmann), "Umsetzung der Warenkaufrichtlinie: Geplante Änderungen des BGB zur Regelung des Verkaufs von Sachen mit digitalen Elementen und anderer Aspekte des Kaufvertrags," Client Alert, February 2021
- Co-author (with Ingmar Oltmanns, Julia Kaufmann, Ulf Wauschkuhn and Johannes Teichmann), "Implementation of the Directive (EU) 2019/771 on the sale of goods: Upcoming amendments to the German Civil Code governing the sale of goods with digital elements and other aspects of sales contracts," Client Alert, February 2021
- Author, "Lieferausfälle: Wer zahlt?" (Supply failures: Who pays?), Check Up Back.Business, April 18, 2020
- Author, "Lieferausfälle durch Corona: (K)ein Fall von Force Majeure?" (Supply failures due to Corona - (no) case of force majeure?), Legal Tribune Online, March 18, 2020
- Co-author (with Brigitte Estner), "Absage von Veranstaltungen wegen des Coronavirus - wer zahlt? (Cancellation of events due to the Corona virus - who pays?), Betriebsberater 2020, 852
Baker & McKenzie Partnerschaft von Rechtsanwälten und Steuerberatern mbB is a professional partnership under German law registered with the Local Court of Frankfurt/Main at PR No. 1602. It is associated with Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.