Katharina Spenner is a partner in Baker McKenzie's Munich office and a member of the EMEA International Commercial & Trade Steering Committee. She joined the Firm's Frankfurt office in 2000 and transferred to the Munich office in 2004. She was seconded to the Amsterdam office for eight months in 2003. Katharina previously worked as a freelancer in the legal department of Lufthansa Cargo AG from 1997 to 1999. She has written several commentaries on competition and distribution law and regularly delivers presentations and workshops on topics related to distribution and competition law. Katharina was listed as 'often recommended lawyer' in the area of distribution by JUVE Handbook 2014/15.
Katharina has been nominated as Acritas Star and in Chambers Band 3 in commercial contracts Germany.
Katharina advises clients engaged in all industries and services on all issues related to commercial law, including in particular, national, European and international distribution law and related competition law. She also advises companies with respect to general contract law and compliance issues including the performance of compliance trainings and audits and the establishment and reorganization of distribution systems.
Representative Legal Matters
- Represented several international consumer goods manufacturers on distribution law and other contract and competition law matters, for instance, with regard to the reorganization of the distribution system and abuse of dominance and discrimination, agreements relating to the manufacture, sale and distribution of products, and settlement of disputes.
- Advised a client in the automotive industry on compliance issues including the performance of compliance audits.
- Represented clients in the consumer goods industry in proceedings before the German Federal Cartel office and the European Commission as regards their distribution systems.
- Best Lawyers in Germany 2019 for antitrust & competition law, Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers, 2019
- Acritas Star, Acritas Sharplegal 2018
- Germany (1999)
- Golden Gate University (LL.M. International Legal Studies) (2000)
- District Court Darmstadt, Germany (Assessor Exam) (1999)
- Albert-Ludwigs University of Freiburg (Referendar Exam) (1997)
Author, "Lieferausfälle durch Corona:(K)ein Fall von Force Majeure?", Legal Tribune Online, March 18, 2020
Co-author, Legal Commentary Flohr/Wauschkuhn on all Aspects of Distribution Law, C.H. Beck, 2013
Co-publisher, Der Vertragshändlervertrag (The Distribution Agreement), 4th edition, Schultze/Wauschkuhn/Spenner/Dau
Author, "Formularsammlung des Vertriebsrechts," C.H. Beck (1st edition), 2013
Several commentaries on case law, presentations and work-shops on distribution and competition law related topics.
Presentations regarding distribution law within the Beck Academy.