Mr. Stanislav Sirot is an associate in Baker McKenzie's Banking, Finance and Major Projects Practice Group. Prior to joining the Firm in 2007, Mr. Sirot held positions in an investment research firm in Chicago and in consulting companies in Russia.
Mr. Sirot focuses on both domestic and international transactions and all types of energy and infrastructure projects, as well as related corporate structuring, development, financing and management. He regularly works with developers, owners and lenders on all aspects of the power generation business, including advising on matters relating to the construction of new facilities and acquisitions of existing portfolios, from early development to closing. He has also assisted with advice on, among others, LNG projects, mining projects, commodity trading transactions and infrastructure privatizations.
Representative Legal Matters
- Representing an owner of gas, oil and coal-fired power projects located in the United States with respect to matters relating to the operation of such projects and the development of new projects, including procurement contracts, corporate matters and financing matters.
- Advised a Russian energy developer and a regional utility company on the procurement of gas turbines from a major turbines manufacturer and a related long-term services agreement.
- Assisted with advice to a solar energy developer on the structuring, development and construction of 200 MW in photovoltaic facilities as part of the first IPPs in South Africa.
- Assisted with advice to an owner on a sale of a 720MW combined cycle natural gas-fired power plant in Texas.
- Assisted with advice to a sponsor on the acquisition and financing of 160MW natural gas-fired facilities in Long Island, New York.
- Assisted with advice to a sponsor on the acquisition and financing of a 240MW coal-fired facility in Virginia.
- CALI Award in Constitutional Law – 2013
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Chicago Bar Association - Member
- Illinois~United States (2014)
- Russia (2001)
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law (J.D. cum laude) (2014)
- Kazan State University (Ph.D. Economics) (2005)
- DePaul University (M.B.A.) (2004)
- Kazan State University (B.S. Law and Finance) (2001)
Baker & McKenzie LLP is a Limited Liability Partnership organized under the laws of the State of Illinois (USA) and is a member of Baker & McKenzie International, a Verein organized under the laws of Switzerland.