Oksana Simonova is a partner in the Kyiv office of Baker McKenzie with over 12 years of experience in advising clients on a wide range of sophisticated cross-border transactions. In 2012, she was appointed to lead the Kyiv office’s Competition and Pharmaceuticals practice groups.
Ms. Simonova advises international clients on Ukrainian merger control and competition law issues (including in the pharmaceuticals industry). She also has broad experience in various corporate finance transactions (including syndicated lending, Eurobonds and IPOs). She has worked on numerous international capital markets offerings from Ukraine and led the local legal team on the first main market London Stock Exchange listing of a mining company from Ukraine. Her practice also includes mergers and acquisitions, and general corporate and commercial law matters.
Representative Legal Matters
- Advising an international R&D pharmaceutical company on various merger control issues in Ukraine and obtaining merger control clearance from the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine.
- Advising the retail and manufacturing division of a listed Hong Kong-based conglomerate, with assets in Ukrainian health and beauty business, in connection with various merger control and competition law issues.
- Advising Arterium Corporation, a leading Ukrainian pharmaceutical company, in connection with general corporate law matters.
- Advising one of the world’s largest multinational pharmaceutical companies in connection with merger control issues in Ukraine and three other CIS jurisdictions.
- Advised United Technology Corporation on the Ukrainian competition law implications of its acquisition of Linde AG’s refrigeration division; procured a Ukrainian merger control approval regarding the same.
- Advised on Ukrainian law matters in a brokered private placement of shares of EastCoal Inc., a Canada-based mineral development company with assets in Ukraine, with the admission to the
- Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange (LSE), during which the company raised GBP9,5 million.
- Advised Agroton Public Limited on its offering of USD50 million 12.5% Notes due 2014, which are listed on the LSE.
- Represented Ferrexpo plc, an iron ore giant involved in the mining, processing and sale of iron ore pellets for use in the production of steel, in its GBP213 million initial public offering of shares on the London Stock Exchange. The float is the first full UK listing for a company from Ukraine and only the second issue from the CIS to achieve a Main Market listing on the LSE.
- Advised Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein and Merrill Lynch International as lead managers in connection with the issuance and successful placement of USD600 million 6.875% sovereign Eurobonds by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on behalf of the state of Ukraine.
- Ukraine (1999)
- Kyiv National Economic University (M.B.A.) (2002)
- Washington University (LL.M.) (2000)
- Kyiv National Taras Shevchenko University (Masters International Private Law) (1999)